knocking noise in 1st and 2nd gear

Hi everyone

I've got a Fabia 1.2 HTP Classic(54). Had it for a few weeks, but it seems to have developed a medium pitched, and a very frequent knocking sound when in gears 1 and 2.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this may be happening?

Regards

WoopDeLoo

Does it happen when cornering/braking/accelerating?

It happens when coasting. I'm guessing the noise of the acceleration drowns out the nocking noise at high speeds. At low speeds the noise is clearly audible. It also tends to occur during accelerating at low speeds or once I've come off the gas pedal at low speeds

Well if it happens with your foot on the clutch coasting then it shouldn;t be gearbox related so I'd guess at the console bushes, the engine steady mount (dogbone) bush or maybe t he droplinks.

Thanks for the advice :)

Sounds like you have loose wheel bolts actually. Worth a check, even if theyare just not quite tight enough they cause a low speed knocking when no drive is at the wheels

• Like 1

Sounds like you have loose wheel bolts actually. Worth a check, even if theyare just not quite tight enough they cause a low speed knocking when no drive is at the wheels

The knocking sound also tends to occur when the accelerator is applied. At speeds lower than 10 mph a high pitched sound also occurs and that might be from the wheels...hmmm

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2