Numberplate LED bulbs

Mine have been awesome for about 5 months now tough wood! I do noticed that they are real **** head attractors though! I think they tend to give away a modified car in the dark.

I had these in mine - they lasted a week then burnt out - fuse remained intact - back to the standard ones !!

Yeah... I bought a set on eBay - Noticed an electrical smell in the boot for a while - Then noticed one LED had blown. Gone back to the old ones now.

Anyone any idea why they blow? Faulty LED?

I got these:

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1439.l2649

Only been in for a couple of weeks, seem to be ok. They were a little bit longer than the ones in there so perhaps look for some that are a couple of mm shorter.

I had a good look at the different types and it is worth noting that some of the more expensive ones are exactly the same.

I must have just been lucky then... Mine lasted over 3 years in my Fabia.

Cost £7.99 each from powerbulbs I think, took them out when I sold

the car and they now reside in the interior lights of my Audi.

Never flickered, failed or turned blue. Still going strong :)

Can't link as I honestly can't remember where I bought them it was

that long ago.

I got these:

Only been in for a couple of weeks, seem to be ok. They were a little bit longer than the ones in there so perhaps look for some that are a couple of mm shorter.

I had a good look at the different types and it is worth noting that some of the more expensive ones are exactly the same.

Wow.. those are pricey!

Real PITA led's on most cars (VW / Audi group especially). I've spent loads on them in the past. If they're not factory fitted and therefore designed to work with our wiring, they're a waste of money IMO.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261063868985

They're what I got. For the price, I figured they were disposable if they blew/failed. Ordered 2 sets, to replace the number plate lights and foot well lights. Working well so far, or least they do when the car is stationary. Nice and white, not too much blue in them either, about the same as my 5k xenons. Had them since October. No bulb out warning issues either.

Edit - Removed info not relevant to this forum! :blush:

Edited by TriggerFish

Yeah... I bought a set on eBay - Noticed an electrical smell in the boot for a while - Then noticed one LED had blown. Gone back to the old ones now.

Anyone any idea why they blow? Faulty LED?

they blow because the circuits are crap and the cars designed to put power through high power fillaments not low power LEDs, if you want good quality then check if they are CANBUS LEDs :)

P.S i work at halfrauds, we have some good LED setups now :) and i get discount so no complaints :)

A mate of mine bought some for me in exchange for a pint ( I'm rubbish at using eBay) lol and I think he said they were about £2.99 from china and they have been brilliant, 16 months on :)

J.E

Woah, not sure why but since I bought them the price has gone from £2 to £20!!

I think that must be some sort of crazy marketing ploy!

Any that look the same are probably the same though, should be about £3 for a pair with postage. They are a bit blue to be honest, but ok as an experiment.