Problem

Loz1012

Can anyone help -

recently my skoda has starting steaming up - when i come to it on a morning its ridiculously steamed up.

One of the rear mats was soaked but I removed that.

A newspaper in the boot was crumpled too.

What does this mean?

Lx

Assuming its a mk1 Fabia we're talking about here you probaly have leaky rear door seals.

Normally the water that runs down the windows throughthe inside of the door and runs out of drain holes.

In extreme weather the doors fill up as the drain holes don't clear enough water and the original seals are crap so the water seeps through the seal through the door card through the carpet and into the rear footwell - probaly explaining your soaked mat.

have a look at this thread and probably this one

You best look for leaks door seals etc

There is threads in the Fabia section.

If there are any, then dry things out after sorting them out.

(Look for water in beside the spare or a bottle left in the car thats frozen and then burst.)

& some of this may help, Moisture Absorbing Packs & other advice.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/257617-buyers-remorse-after-4-weeks-of-skoda-ownership

george