Yeti v Golf

awfabia

Yes, but still very much better materials and the way its put together regardless.

I'd agree comparing the newest Golf but not the older Golf Plus interior but that's of course down to personal opinion.

Why do you think the Golf is better put together? All reliability studies put VW firmly in the middle ranks well behind class leaders of Lexus, Skoda etc.?

• Like 2

I love my Yeti, I really do, value for money/ performance/4x4 there really is not much to match it and that's from someone who couldn't see by BMW however quality wise there is no comparison with a VW Golf Mk VI, the Golf is so much better put together and with better material, compare like with like, look beyond the price and there is only one winner.!

I beg to differ. We own both cars and there's nothing between them in terms of quality.

But stats show that skoda on average regularly outshine vw in terms of reliability. Confirmed to me by a friend in the trade too.

VW outdo skoda in terms of snob value but that's about it, certainly between these 2 models.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Came from a Golf V Sport TDI 4motion to the Yeti. Felt the Yeti was that bit better quality and much more generously equipped, albeit both my Monsters have suffered from cabin rattles and the Golf didn't. Main plus point though was the ride hight, as the Golf effectively sat on the floor, giving very little ground clearance in bad weather; mud flaps regularly caught speed bumps etc.

TP

A couple of rattles in my Yeti after 10k miles not including the loose and vibrating servo pipes it had from the factory that I had to fix myself.

The Golf after 20k miles has no rattles and is considerably quieter inside too on its bigger 45 profile tyres.

Rattles , hmm. My brother has a Landrover 110 Defender that has quite an orchestra of rattles in full cinematic surround sound, in fact if one of the rattles stops I guess in means that part has fallen off. :giggle:

No rattles in the Yeti or the golf. Golf has had an ongoing intermittent brake light fault - something causing the brake failure bulb to light every day or so. Dodgy wiring suspected. Also spot of rust at the rear on the boot.

Yeti had a sun roof drain misdirecting water into the interior but Skoda sorted that and fitted a whole new set of carpets & soundproofing to ensure the moisture had all gone. Both are 61 Plate September 2011 registered.

This is the first fault I have had on a Skoda - having had 1 estelle, 2 favorits, 1 felicia, and 5 octavias previously.

A couple of rattles in my Yeti after 10k miles not including the loose and vibrating servo pipes it had from the factory that I had to fix myself.

The Golf after 20k miles has no rattles and is considerably quieter inside too on its bigger 45 profile tyres.

The Yeti is the fourth rattle free car Ive owned. Another two of those four were also Skoda's and the final one was a Honda Civic (that shouldnt count though as it was boring as dish water to own!) :giggle: