G79 accelerator position sensor mk2 vrs petrol

bought a mk2 vrs at the weekend having had numerous mk1's and the epc and engine management light is illuminated, car feels like its in limp mode it doesnt appear to boost at all, scanned the car with vagcom and its come up with the above fault code, i manage a breakers yard so i've replaced the pedal tonight but the fault code remains and everytime i erase it it reappears within a matter of seconds, vagcom reads

008482-accelerator position sensor G79

P2122-002 signal too low

freeze frame

fault status 01100010

fault priority 0

fault frequency 1

mileage 149098km

time indication 0

date 2000.00.00

time 22.06.46

any ideas greatly appreciated

post-48771-0-57637600-1355179605_thumb.jpg

yeh i did think it may be the used pedal but in theory whats the chances of both being duff, where does the other end plug in? was thinking it may be a throttle body problem

All 6 wires go direct to the ECU (there are no intermediate connections). The power for the sensors comes from an internal ECU regulator. The G79 part of the sensor is on pins 2, 3 and 4 with pin 2 being +5V.

You didn't give the engine/year.