Maxidot Screen remains lit.

Strapper

Hi I connected a Automatic battery charger to my 2012 reg.Yety to check the state of charge,lot of wet weather light's short journeys .Noticed the Maxidot remained lit ? should I have disconnected Battery ?.The Model I have is Se plus 170.Cheers All.

How long did it stay lit?

Ours normally stays lit for 30secs after removing key and locking the car.

If it stays on for longer I would suggest a canbus issue.

I'm presuming you are using a charger in maintain mode?

One thing I knows for certain... Do not turn the ignition on with the charger connected to the battery.

It causes all kinds of problems in the charger as you have current going the wrong way

• Like 1

Thanks for the Promt answer,the screen remained lit all the Time the charger was connected,when first connected it was on full charge about 3.8 amps and then automatically switched to trickle charging. The charger is a Lidl Automatic Battery charger cost £14-99.Cheers Strapper.

There's your answer!

Maxidot is "sensing" something is "wrong", ie something is open, so stays lit.

Kenny R & Graham are right! However it is worth noting that the display does shut down after about 10 minutes, just as the interior lights etc. To prevent the vehicle from discharging the battery..........Tony