Headlight audible warning

sads45

I hear an audible warning if I remove the ignition key and get out of the car with the sidelights switched on but I get no warning if the headlights are left switched on.

Is this correct or do I have a fault?

On mine it switches the lights off so no battery drain....seems to be a good idea .... and no buzzer needed

I assume you mean it switches off headlights but leaves the sidelights on ? (which is how mine works)

There is no audible warning on the dipped headlights for a reason.

For those of you that have the coming/leaving home lights activated then the audible warning is not neccessary as the lights automatically turn off after a set period of time.

If you don't have the coming/leaving home feature activated and you remove the key with dipped headlights on then the headlights should turn off leaving only the sidelights illuminated together with the audible warning.

I've never known a Skoda turn off all lights when removing the key with the switch in the sidelight position. Is this something you have altered using VCDS?

I am refering to turning off the ignition when the switch is in headlights on. I never drive on sidelights only and rarely park where I need lights on. I often just leave the switch on and the headlights come back on when I return. I do have coming/leaving home lights activated enabled even though I don't have auto lights. They were VCDS changed.

I'm 100% sure this is how mine work.

In fact they work exactly the same as my wife's Mini Cooper....and she nags me if I turn the ignition off and not the lights.

This is normal. The only way to leave any lights on when away from their car is to put the light switch to the 'sidelights' position. If you do this you get a warning that you have done it, just so you know and can be sure it is what you wanted to do (ie to leave parking lights on when required). With the switch in the dipped beam or Auto position the lights go off when you switch the ignition off.

There are very few times when driving with sidelights is appropriate though. ;)