another use for the rear wheels :-)

jezzep

Hi guys,

Don't know if this has ever been mentioned before...I've found a good use for the rear wheels. If you need access to the roof I've found climbing on the wheels gives good access to the roof. It saves opening the doors and using the door sill. Because the rear wheels are literally on the corners with no overhangs you can almost reach to the front of the car. I don't know if this was intentional by skoda, but it wouldn't surprise me......

Br

JeZ

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Don't know if this has ever been mentioned before...I've found a good use for the rear wheels. If you need access to the roof I've found climbing on the wheels gives good access to the roof. It saves opening the doors and using the door sill. Because the rear wheels are literally on the corners with no overhangs you can almost reach to the front of the car. I don't know if this was intentional by skoda, but it wouldn't surprise me......

Br

JeZ

Dunno what the poblem is reaching the roof - mind you I am about half a gnat's testicle under 6' 6" :giggle::rofl:

As an aside and not wishing to hijack this post - we were looking forward to snow in Cumbria so we could head up into the 'hills' with our rucksacks and do a Christmas Day BBQ but the forecast doesn't look good :rain:

• Like 1

Miniholly_zps60f8b273.jpg

Re-inventing the wheel ('Uses For')!

It's alright, JeZ, I'm not knocking you - it's good to see that the younger generation still has the native wit to come up with ideas, even old ones, that they haven't had to get from an instruction manual.

I wasn't short-changed in the inches department, but the rear wheel was the only peer-approved way to get at the roof of my Land Rover 110, the Terrano or the X-Trail. Step ladders were for wimps. The system is a bit over-kill for little Annie - I can almost do the windscreen, too, from up there!

Perhaps JeZ wouldn't mind if the thread was opened a bit? Festive Ideas-Outside-the-Box? Like the genius here not so long ago who suggested sluicing an off-roaded Yeti's underside by driving to and fro over a lawn sprinkler on high pressure? :party:

• Like 1

Miniholly_zps60f8b273.jpg

Re-inventing the wheel ('Uses For')!

It's alright, JeZ, I'm not knocking you - it's good to see that the younger generation still has the native wit to come up with ideas, even old ones, that they haven't had to get from an instruction manual.

I wasn't short-changed in the inches department, but the rear wheel was the only peer-approved way to get at the roof of my Land Rover 110, the Terrano or the X-Trail. Step ladders were for wimps. The system is a bit over-kill for little Annie - I can almost do the windscreen, too, from up there!

Perhaps JeZ wouldn't mind if the thread was opened a bit? Festive Ideas-Outside-the-Box? Like the genius here not so long ago who suggested sluicing an off-roaded Yeti's underside by driving to and fro over a lawn sprinkler on high pressure? :party:

My other is using old karrimat cut up to place in the drink holders.....did i mention i hate rattles....

I also use karrimat for when i fold up the seats i place it where the seat bases were.

Another is the use of an old dog collar through the floor hooks that i tie pebbles our dog to, when I've removed all the rear seats and i cannie use my seat belt adapter.

How about wax oil on the exposed springs to stop unsightly rust.

Br

JeZ

Keeping the side going for useless ideas :-)

• Like 1