Any driving instructors using a Citigo?

MilgeS

now had the first few days and full tank of fuel in my new Citigo.

my customers love it and i love it, 377 miles and the fuel light was not lit. 54mpg calculated.

just trying to get my customers to short shift from first to second as the revs take a while to drop. Its not taking them long to get used to the Citigo, most saying how easy it is to drive.

• Like 1

my customers love it and i love it, 377 miles and the fuel light was not lit. 54mpg calculated.

just trying to get my customers to short shift from first to second as the revs take a while to drop. Its not taking them long to get used to the Citigo, most saying how easy it is to drive.

Looking promising, looking forward to getting mine delivered!

I find the think blue trainer, gives them a kick up the bum. When they need to improve on their gear changes, it's amazing how quickly they can sort their gear changes out after showing them that, lol

I did notice that on the test drive it felt like the crank shaft and flywheel where made from solid Osmium. I found that when I first went from four to three cylinders, pupils tended to underestimate the revs. Could be something to do with less firing cycles per revolution?

• 2 months later...

I'm an ADI with a citigo greentech elegance.

The handling is excellent - rock solid. I wanted a polo but was put off by the steering which I felt was almost dangerously light. There are a couple of reasons that I will probably not be buying another citigo.... There is an intermittent problem going in to reverse ( I've taken it in to the dealer and they 'can't find a problem'). Now, when a learner is taking their test, the manoeuvre can be a stressful time and they do NOT want to be struggling with reverse, and I do NOT want to be regularly saying to them 'if it won't go in to reverse, put it in neutral, lift the clutch and put it down again' - it doesn't sound professional and if I were them , I'd be thinking ' why don't I switch instructors and get lessons in a car that goes in to reverse without any FAFFING ABOUT!'

Also, I won't be getting another car which has reverse below fifth with no need to push down on the stick or lift a collar to make sure you only get reverse when you want it.... You can 'rehearse' getting in to fifth as much as you want , but even the most level headed learners will have a brainstorm from time to time and when it happens it's stress that I just don't need. The resulting noise can put learners off getting in to top gear... It's also a little underpowered , especially as I like to accompany my pupils on test and also because we have a couple of very short slip roads on to the A14 around here. One other thing , it's VERY low to the ground - there are some speed humps in car parks in town that I can't go over at any speed without grounding out.

the gearbox has been changed. you now push down to get reverse. I don't find my 60 ps car underpowered, I can drive it quite fast ;) just get them to rev it! the examiners wont mind :) If I can join the M6 on the lancaster slip road (tiny) easily in my 60 ps, there is no problem ;)

as for low, the greetech has lower suspension for economy benefits... you could always choose a non greentech model, or ask the dealer for standard springs.... however if you are gounding out, its not the cars fault, the speed hups MUST be illegally high, and you should contact your local council about it....

I teach people to drive in my vRS and its lowered on eibach spring, H&R RARB ect ect (my track car ;) ) and it goes over all speed bups without issue ;)

there ya go. problems solved ;)

• Like 1

I'm an ADI with a citigo greentech elegance.

The handling is excellent - rock solid. I wanted a polo but was put off by the steering which I felt was almost dangerously light. There are a couple of reasons that I will probably not be buying another citigo.... There is an intermittent problem going in to reverse ( I've taken it in to the dealer and they 'can't find a problem'). Now, when a learner is taking their test, the manoeuvre can be a stressful time and they do NOT want to be struggling with reverse, and I do NOT want to be regularly saying to them 'if it won't go in to reverse, put it in neutral, lift the clutch and put it down again' - it doesn't sound professional and if I were them , I'd be thinking ' why don't I switch instructors and get lessons in a car that goes in to reverse without any FAFFING ABOUT!'

Also, I won't be getting another car which has reverse below fifth with no need to push down on the stick or lift a collar to make sure you only get reverse when you want it.... You can 'rehearse' getting in to fifth as much as you want , but even the most level headed learners will have a brainstorm from time to time and when it happens it's stress that I just don't need. The resulting noise can put learners off getting in to top gear... It's also a little underpowered , especially as I like to accompany my pupils on test and also because we have a couple of very short slip roads on to the A14 around here. One other thing , it's VERY low to the ground - there are some speed humps in car parks in town that I can't go over at any speed without grounding out.

struggling to get into reverse - that will be the lack of syncro mesh that is a feature of all cars!

Under powered - just like any car a new driver can afford to insure

Low ground clearance - approach speed humps a bit slower

Reverse under 5th - has never been an issue

Just go enjoy the fun of the Citigo! all my customers love the car

• Like 1

Well 5000 miles into ownership and so far, mostly good. The pupils generally love it. Very easy to see out of for reversing, easy to position, easy controls. I like the fuel costs, similar to the diesel Rio in cost per mile terms, but lots cheaper to buy and service than the Rio. Two flies in the ointment: dodgy discs and an air recirc slider that only goes half way across then back to open.

Well 5000 miles into ownership and so far, mostly good. The pupils generally love it. Very easy to see out of for reversing, easy to position, easy controls. I like the fuel costs, similar to the diesel Rio in cost per mile terms, but lots cheaper to buy and service than the Rio. Two flies in the ointment: dodgy discs and an air recirc slider that only goes half way across then back to open.

i had replacement discs under warranty at 5000 miles, now at nearly 8000 miles and the issue has not returned. as for the running costs, i always have a smug grin when other instructors are talking about their diesel corsa or fiesta only getting 50mpg.