SIBC

iceni

Out of the blue yesterday my Yeti Urban developed a noise like a braking train. Fortunatley I was within half a mile of the garage where I bought it from eight months ago, so popped in. Turned out to be a stone stuck in the front brake caliper. Thanks to Robinsons Skoda in Norwich for sorting it out as a freebie. Mechanic suggested its not uncommon, and I was surprised that there is nothing to prevent it happening. Anyone had similar?

No had any problems, and considering some of the stuff I drive on..............................

And please, what is SIBC?

I have to deal with too many stupid bloody acronyms in work to have to think about them here!! :wall:

When I bought the car everything was in Acronyms so with SIBC for Stone In Brake Caliper I was doing my bit to continue the esoteric trend ;-) Good to know the stone ingress problem is not restricted to Yetis though. Thanks peeps.

Could it possibly be Stone In Brake Caliper? Have come across this happening a number of times in my previous life as a mechanic and don't think there's any way of totally preventing it. They usually become lodged between the shield and disc and often fly out by themselves after a while.

I had this a couple of times on a previous car (Volvo V50). Each time I could clear it by reversing and braking sharply (obviously in a safe place).

• Like 1

I had this a couple of times on a previous car (Volvo V50). Each time I could clear it by reversing and braking sharply (obviously in a safe place).

Same here, usually fixes it.

Although I've not had it on the Yeti yet.

+1 ... it happened every couple of weeks in my V50 - used to drive me nuts. It never cleared as easily as yours though - usually had to have the wheel off. Only had it once in the Yeti, and cleared itself there..

SIBC? Not going there ... I'll only get sent to the corner. :bandit:

Who said you could come out, or have you finished all the beer :drunk::D

• Like 4