Ford Focus mk3 ST-2

thehulkster699

• 1 month later...

Update.

9 weeks after getting the ST250, I have decided to trade it in for an immaculate mk2 RS in frozen white. I came out of last RS in October last year.

You will all think I'm mad.

I just haven't bonded with the car, my wife won't even drive it (for various reasons) and so I decided to jump now, rather than ponder for a few more months before eventually coming back to the same decision - and it costing me more to swap.

NOT bashing the ST250 - it's just not for us. One of our local Ford dealerships were offering extended test drives at the time I bought mine, wish I had maybe taken that offer. Still, at the time I was convinced I was doing the right thing. A big part of the reason was the fact I was getting back into a new fast Ford, covered by warranty etc - but now I've realised I would rather drive an RS again outside of the safety net of a warranty and take my chance.

Anyway - deal is done. My private plate is in the process of getting swapped onto the RS, so should only be a few weeks tops.

It's got black wheels as well, so it matches my Blackline!

My boss has a white one, a set of black wheels is sitting in the garage at work waiting to get fitted. What a hoot to drive, the last time I drove it some bloke in a golf gti was not a happy bunny. Don't think he liked getting left behind lol.

Gah!

Waiting on a phonecall from the dealer to tell me the cherished plate transfer is done - and I can go and collect the RS!

Already booked it into mountune for the mp350 upgrade! Lol.

Best thing is, my lass will be driving it during the week, as she does half the miles I do, so I will be back in the Blackline again and have the RS to look forward to driving on the weekend!

Wahoo!

I love the look of the new ST estate. It would make a good de-badged stealth mobile.

How much money do they lose in the first 2 years?

I've been wondering the same, I'm hoping prices plummet although the Octavia VRS estate seems to do well and has little competition at the moment so the Focus ST estate could be a good seller for Ford.

John