Moist Fabia again :(

matt_j

Thanks! Am i best to get new ones fitted? Or sealant the old ones? Or new and sealant?

You need to seal the seal on the door carrier mate, not replace the actual seal. The doorcard comes off and then you seal round the area where the carrier and door metal meet.

This is my problem. I'm presuming it's the rear door seals (?) (Both sides as well)

P1080480_zps9bbadcf9.jpg

Deffo the rears leaking, you can see where the water has passed the rubber seal

and has gone onto the plastic trim. I've sealed two sets of rear doors on the two Fabias I've

owned and have done a few for members on here as well. The front door cards are harder to remove

than the rears as there's more to it. Be careful with the rear tweeter covers they are very fragile and easy to

snap the lugs off of them. It is usually the rear doors that go first on these.

The front doors, particularly drivers side are quite a pain to get off. Mostly due to it being so damn difficult

to get the top trims off the large pull handles to access the bolt heads to remove them. They click back

together easily enough though so not all bad news.

Would be a good idea to get some trim clips before you do the job as some will almost certainly break.

See here for more on the clips---> http://www.briskoda....trim-cliprivet/

Also don't use a silicone based sealant, it will fail. Better to use a bituminous sealant suited for roofing/guttering

or plumbers gold is another favourite. The door carriers are zinc coated (to prevent rust) silicone won't adhere

to this for long and you'll be back to square 1.

Deffo the rears leaking, you can see where the water has passed the rubber seal

and has gone onto the plastic trim. I've sealed two sets of rear doors on the two Fabias I've

owned and have done a few for members on here as well. The front door cards are harder to remove

than the rears as there's more to it. Be careful with the rear tweeter covers they are very fragile and easy to

snap the lugs off of them. It is usually the rears that go first on these.

The front doors, particularly drivers side are quite a pain to get off. Mostly due to it being so damn difficult

to get the top trims off the large pull handles to access the bolt heads to remove them. They click back

together easily enough though so not all bad news.

Would be a good idea to get some trim clips before you do the job as some will almost certainly break.

See here for more on the clips---> http://www.briskoda....trim-cliprivet/

Also don't use a silicone based sealant, it will fail. Better to use a bituminous sealant suited for roofing/guttering

or plumbers gold is another favourite. The door carriers are zinc coated (to prevent rust) silicone won't adhere

to this for long and you'll be back to square 1.

clips here ! buy them first I broke every single one !!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230777133396?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

The water is meant to pass through the door on these cars.

There are drain holes on the bottom of the door, the held water is meant

to then drain through these onto and over the sill and out to the floor.

I'd imagine after heavy rain/car washing quite a bit of water is

held in the door and gradually escapes through the drain holes.

This is fine until the foam ancillaries carrier seal fails. then it escapes at the higher

point (along the foam ancillaries carrier seal somewhere) and onto/over the door

rubber seal and into the car rather than out of it onto the sill.

I'm doing this exciting task today, just thinking of the best (i.e. likely to find in my house) tool to use to unclip the doorcard, in anticipation of my success (!) I have bought a whole new set of door clips... I'm thinking a narrow wallpaper scraper wrapped in a cloth? Plumbers gold ready and waiting! :thumbup:

• 3 months later...

Just a quick update, I did mine and since then I've had no issues. I used a flat blade screwdriver with a towel, once the first clip was out it got easier. I found the new door clips are so much better to use too (I only broke a couple of the original ones, but decided to put all new ones on). It took me so long to update because I went into labour and gave birth the following day - he decided not to wait! Must have been all that crouching and bending that did it!

The plumber gold is awesome, I reckon I'm gonna go and reseal every door and window with it!