Time clock

Hi

Just trying to give a much info as poss, it's a mk1 on a 54 plate, only got the car Friday already had to fit a new temp sensor now this, I'm beginning to think I've gota duff one

Cheers

Phil

Not quite sure I understand you, but I think the MFD will display time when the ignition is turned off.... not sure if the helps or not.

Your second post makes little sense I am afraid. However indicator issues might be resolved by replacing the hazard/relay switch combo on the dash.

Sorry, the time clock stops going round when the right indicator is flashing, I don't have a issue with indicators at the mo haven't checked the hazards yet, it's only the hour going round the minute part is working fine on the clock, all other functions on the cluster are working fine as far as I'm aware

Cheers

Phil

Hi

Just started up my octavia vrs & noticed that the hour figure on the time clock is running constantly,

Anybody got a idea of what the problem maybe & how to solve it

Cheers

Phil

From memory, the time is adjusted by the small stalk sticking out near the clock. The condition you describe is what happens when you turn and hold the adjuster anticlockwise. One possibility is that the adjuster stalk (rod) has stuck against he side of the hole through which it emerges - turn it slightly clockwise to its central position to see if this stops the rotation of the hours. Turning and holding it clockwise will adjust the minutes display.

Other causes could be wiring or printed circuit board problems so try this first. Others on here will have more knowledge and may have experienced the same condition.

Hi

Time clock is now working as it should, came out of work started car up & notice it had stopped rolling round, I haven't done Anything to fix it, anybody have any ideas of what it was

Cheers

Phil