Pasty's Diary

PastyBoy

Thanks Taylor felt good from the inside too.

Thought i was actually going pretty quick so i checked myself against the timings from the Castle Combe Saloon Car Championship

uh..yeah....10 seconds a lap slower than everything on the grid!

Never mind :D

You flew past me pretty quickly Cliff :)

Well Charlie I play a lot of Forza on the Xbox so I'm kind of a big deal when on track ;)

I reality previous trackdays and knowledge of the circuit give me a big advantage over anyone new.

I was faster than the mk1 octy I spent most of the session with when I was following it, however once he let me past and I couldn't shake him cos he was copying my better lines.

• Like 1

That'll do it then :) I've been on gt5 quite a bit.

I'm still happy with my effort as a first timer though. And I definitely preferred driving in the proper brisky session. The evos and tt's were crazy

April 28th

Quiet day to recover from yesterdays excitement

Trip over to a friends to watch som equestrian (I know! how very Cotswolds of me)

ending with a lift for their spaniel, resulting in white dog hairs everywhere.

the fun of pets.

April 29th

Commutes to and from work all quiet on the western front.

Although i do think the car has developed a knocking from the rear which is fun.

Am commuting on the go slow to try and bring the overall mpg up follwing the hammerig it took on track

May 1st

3 days in to the steady commuting and my 45mpg average lies in tatters.

admittedly i've encoutered little traffic this week but gentle acceration and lots of down hill coasting has added 10 mpg to the average with trips ato and from work topping 55

theres me thinking my car is broken when it was my heavy foot.

Does show the huge difference that can be made with little changes.

May 2nd

Knocking from the rear has been solved.

Was it suspension?

Was it bushes?

Was it exhaust mounts?

No it was the fact i'd left my helmets in the boot following the track session and they were clonking together over bumps.

I have never felt stupider! :D

I also clocked this morning that the knackered passenger side wiper blade may actually be a blocked washer jet so the blade isn't getting as much water so can't clean as well.

Sometimes I amaze myself!

• Like 2

May 3rd

Car was loaded up with a weekend's worth of stuff in preparation for a trip down to Dorest to see my mum.

Commute was uneventful and then the resulting A road drive down to Swindon to collect Mrs Pasty also dull.

However with no reason to rush, the sun shining and some tnues on a steady 70mph cruise helped drag the average MPG north following it's nose dive on track at Combe.

All in after almost 3 hours and everything from A roads, B roads and town centres it returned a healthy 57mpg.

Perhaps the "Italian tune up" carried out on track at Combe has declogged everythign built up through all the sitting in traffic.

Car certainly runs well.

May 4th

A day in sunshine meant not a lot of running for the car.

A bit of a B road trip to collect my step dad's beemer from the local pub.

He was impressed with the Recaro's saying they were loads better than the standard seats (even in the leather of my mum's SE)

May 6th

Said our thank you's and goodbyes before heading north again back to Swindon to collect Mrs Pasty's car then on to home again.

A further 3 hours and mixture of roads gave 56mpg.

I did nail a few pot holes on the way back up which gave the steering an ominous creaking to it

However a trip to a friends for a meal in the evening gave me chance to nail another pot hole seemingly solving the creak.

Very odd.

the long runs really helped the fuel economy and a fill up gave

Fuel - £55.30 - MPG - 47

Considering that includes the 13mpg i did on tack at Combe I'm happy and not so worried about boost leaks now! :D

May 7th

Delivered Mrs Pasty to hospital for surgery in the morning and collected her in the afternoon.

Sun was shining car was runnign well.

All things good.

The surgery was on Ms Pasty's right foot so the black car shall be garaged and mine will take over main duties.

The lucky lucky thnig!