Pasty's Diary

PastyBoy

March 16th

Headed into Gloucester to speak to a coupel of upholsteres who said they'd be around on Saturday morning.

They were not.

Headed to Gloucester VW dealership to by some trim clips to reattached the back of my Recaro passenger seat.

82p each due in next week.

Pretty sure that the back panels are held on by more than just the clips though but the exploded diagram on the guys computer system didn't show anything else.

We'll see next week when they arrive.

On the way home decided to wash the car as it was sunny.

Was raining by the time i got home so bailed out and played xbox instead

March 18th

Commute to and from work all very boring.

Lunchtime trip to the local auctioneers to have a nose around some bikes, some techy bits, and a Honda Civic Type-R.

All very nice but non of my e-bids were successful (not that i bid on the ricer!)

March 19th

Dull commute in but an entertaining one home.

There are a couple of points where it can get interesting, acceleration off a roundabout over some wicked cambers and a hump down a slip road, and then a hard left off the dual carraige way where the signposted "maximum" is 40

Both provide entertainment if tackled in the right manor, that said the way the car accelerates in gear never fails to raise a smile.

March 21st

ahhh Thursday how i remember you well (kind of)

The car actually got to go somewhere.

Due to Mrs Pasty's car not having enough fuel it got to ferry us to the Biffy Clyro gig at the NEC in Birmingham.

As always it performed perfectly on the motorway and was largely unfazed by the slushy snowy roads on the journey home.

Gig was also awesome

• Like 1

March 22nd

Had a day off today and actually acheived some stuff.

Took a trip to my local VW dealer to pick up the hardcore trim clips to reattached the back of my Recaro passenger seat.

However despite the exploded diagrams saying that was all that held it on it now affixed at the bottom but not the top.

Will sort out some pikey sellotape & string solution when it warms up!

They took my remaining rear passenger seat section to a new upholsterer.

Lovely guy was incredibly impressed with the amount i'd already done and was happy to sort the seat back out in between other jobs.

Also came in at a cheaper price than the last guy so all good.

Then had to take Mrs Pasty's car for an MOT which it passed with flying colours bar a couple of almost white indicator bulbs.

I guess there aren't any after effects of the popping turbo :thumbup:

Extra - Recaro seat trim clips - £1.64

March 23rd

Put Mrs Pasty's car in the garage and let her take the red devil off to the gym where she was greeted with "oh so I see you brought the chav car today" and "you still have that gold wheeled monstrosity? I thought you sold it?!" some people have zero taste! :)

She returned home wishing we could remap and RARB her car but also get her brakes fixed as she nearly put herself through the windscreen when she first stamped on the 312s in my car :)

New brake fluid on the agenda shortly

• Like 1

March 24th

Mrs Pasty's car had the weekend off so we whpped to the supermarket in my car.

Given my lack of the large rear back rest it's funny to listen, and for passengers to see, the shopping sliding around in the boot.

Also really makes you smooth out your driving technique though!

• 2 weeks later...

March 26th

Given this post is over a week late I guess there was nothing to report.

Or if there was it wasn't important and i didn't post it at the time :D

March 27th

Uneventful day for the car itself however it's old interior found a new home.

Member from here came over from Oxford and bought and fitted the interior late evening.

They were used to replace a Comfort interior on a VRS look-a-like running over 200bhp!

Purchased for £2200 with it's prime purpose being to deliver Chinese takeaways! Craziness.

March 28th

Fuel stop

Fuel - £55.95 - MPG - 45.6

I'm still not really happy with sub-50 mpg I think there's something wrong somewhere and it's burning more fuel than needed either that or sitting in traffic and short runs from cost really aren't wallet friendly.

Either way shall get it serviced next week and make sure its VAGCOM's to clear any errors that may be hindering things.

Once i had fuel the car was driven down to Swindon to meet Mrs Pasty at her work before heading to see Chris Ramsey do stand up (Hilarious and much recommended btw) before the chav wagon was left in her secure work car park for the Easter break while we headed down to Pasty-Land to catch up with family.

March 29th

March 30th

March 31st

April 1st

April 2nd

April 3rd

Car left unloved and unused at Mrs Pasty's work.

Shall catch a lift down with her tomorrow before returning back up to work tomorrow morning.

April 4th

Up bright and early to whizz down to Swindon to collect the red car from it's car park mini-break.

Luckily it was still there, still had all its faculties and started on the nose (as it always has).

As always after spending extended periods driving Mrs Pasty's standard car I almost put myself through the windscreen the first time i touched the brakes and then enjoyed the extra power on the commute back up to work.

Car still pulls a poor MPG though a 70 mph cruise on a seemingly flat road only gave a live MPG of 45

grrrr

April 5th

Commute too and from work v dull

Brief trip out for lunch but nothing to write home about.

Although a female colleague did comment on how nice my car smelt - which is nice give it's being fraranced by a 3 year old California Scents tin!

April 6th

In for a service this morning woohoo!

Last one was "a big one" when the cam belt was changed so it was just a check over and oil change.

All went without hitch and we even finally cleared the ECU faults from when it went into limp mode on track.....in September!

Turns out the cause wasn't over boost like we though but an "electrical charge overload" given all the connections seemed correct we could by assume it was caused by hitting the limiter for too long or too often.

If that's not proof of my commitment I dunno what is ;)

Essential - Oil Service - £85

• Like 2

April 8th

Despite spending yesterday in the garage i'm sure the car has more dust on it than it did when i put it away.

Is there more of that high level Saharan sand blowing over here again.

commutes too and from work today uninteresting and too traffic clogged to say if the service and fault reset has helped the fuel consumption :(

• 2 weeks later...

Wow again over a wek since I posted. I am the worst teenage girl ever!

April 9th

Dull commutes

April 10th

Must have been a dull day as I can't remember it

April 11th

Another dull day (maybe)

April 12th

Car left in the hands of a "working from home" Mrs Pastywhile I took her car to have it's slow puncture looked at.

A quick spritz with soapy water and a leaky valve and front bead.

Upon removing the tyre it seemed the whole tyre had been "glued" to stop leaks but clearly not very well.

A quick reapplication and all was sound.

Mrs Pasty also took my car to the gym and revealed that she really does miss the remap.

April 13th

Trip over to a friends in the country to see a new born horse. A pony if you will.

Very furry very cute.

Car seems to be super crashy and pulling to the left like an absolute bitch, think the tyres need some air but have a horrible feeling it'll be more than that despite having recently renewed the suspension.

April 14th

Locked in the garage.

Considered washing it. Couldn't be arsed :D

April 15th

Dull commutes but hey fuel prices went down so not all bad.

April 16th

Commutes to and from work.

Drive home in sunshine with sunglasses on and the windows down.

Spring may actually be here people.

April 17th

Commutes to and from work in my coat with the wipers on.

Spring and Summer may actually be over people.

• Like 2

Another week goes by without me updating I really am so bad at this, or i really am incredibly dull.

April 18th

Dull commutes and nothing to report

April 19th

Dull commutes continue but at least it was Friday

April 20th

Car remainded garaged for the day while we ran around in the back car for dull things like trips to Tesco's

April 21st

Nearly washed the car

decided against it

It did however chase up the upholsterers about my final seat back.

Given the rest of the interior went in almost 3 months ago i thought it was about time to sort it out.

It'd also be nice to get it fitted for Combe next weekend.

The guys said it was almost done just needed the final stitching doing and the whole thing putting back together,

April 22nd

Dull commutes but did get a acll from the upholsterer saying he was done! hoorah.

now just need to find time to go over and pick it up.

April 23rd

Nothign of note although with no wind on the journey home i did have to drive through a couple of thick smoke clouds from helpfully lit bonfires - and not the sort with flames either just the crappy kind with shed loads of smoke.

Could still smell it hours later

Did almost wash the car again but nahh might do it nearer the weekend so it's shiny for Combe.

I did mow the lawn instead though :)

April 24th

In fact the car still smells of smoke this morning! horrid

April 25th

A couple of dull weeks and then all hell breaks loose! :D

Today i have finally collected the last part of my Recaros.

There is a bit of a stretch in the material around the head rest holes

IMAG0234_zpsa9a235b6.jpg

and they've had to put a trip across the top to hide the extra head rest holes which i now don't use

IMAG0232_zpse4c6335a.jpg

However we are now fully red and black after 3 months of running with not large rear back rest

IMAG0231_zpsb85b0168.jpg

IMAG0229_zps6a9a9952.jpg

One thing i have done is to actually use the wrong headrest as the donor for the material for the strip.

Of the 3 there were 2 the same and the centre one was different. I was sure i'd double and triple checked them but somehow i used one of the outer one for the donor which now means the centre one does not go all the way down into the holes.

not major but a bit frustrating. means i have to pull the actual outside one up a little to make them match.

so with that fitted i then popped in for some fuel

Fuel - £52.20 - MPG - 46.7

still lower than i'd hope for but it is possible I have a boost leak sapping power and fuel

shall investigate further in due course.

Finally gave the car a quick pre-Combe wash

IMAG0236_zps590dd1a3.jpg

IMAG0235_zps3124f5bc.jpg

all good fun

April 26th

Quick trip out to a friends for a meal and then all my hard work cleaning it was almost ruined by a shower of rain

luckily it didn;t have too much of an effect

April 27th

Castle Combe Performance Car Action Day - whoop

Drove down and arrived at around quarter to 11 when most others were already there.

Parked up where i could find space and caught up with everyone in teh sunshine/cloud/overcast/showers.

was good, people liked the Recaros, and the gold wheels continued to get good comments (mostly)

Briskoda track session got split up but was awesome once out there.

Managed to not get overtaken which is always a bonus and the car was absolutely flying.

Carving past most and keeping up with and then in front of a mk1 Octy.

Still smoky though but doesn;t seem to have any other symptoms so might just be the map.

Super thirsty though coming off track with an averge of 13mpg! :o

Extras - Combe Session - £30

IMG_0198_zps2ea2700b.jpg

8687208954_56a8758143_b.jpg

• Like 2