The original Citigo?

RapidRonnie

Ok, I'm pretty sure it did not provide the inspiration for the Citigo but looking at this earlier somehow reminded me of the Citigo with it's exposed metal in the boot and on the inside doors, round air vents, centre console with slidey ventilation controls and silver border, old Skoda logo... even the seat fabric looks the same as that used on the Citigo Sport!

http://www.auto.cz/skoda-120-pp-obrtlik-predokolka-72108

The car is a prototype version of the old Skoda 120 but with the engine in front instead of the rear.

Nice concept.

But that is a Skoda.

The Citigo isn't really is it?

It's a VW UP! clone made in the same factory as the UP!... but with better styling and a cheaper price tag. :)

• Like 1

I know, although who knows where the designers get their subliminal inspiration from?

The trio are built in Slovakia though which is a more Skodarey country so I still consider there's a bit of home blood in there!

• Like 1

Hmmm, You might want to have a look at a Pre war Skoda.... which actually came out before the beetle, and looked just like the beetle!

I can't remember the name of the vehicle though, OctaviaT81 might know it htough :)

• Like 1

VW stole many patents and technology from Tatra and Skoda to make the beetle. Hitler told the designers not to worry about where they got their ideas and designs from, as Germany was occupying those countries anyway. So, VW just copied it. In the 1960s, VW settled out of court with Tatra and paid a huge amont to them for copyright infringment.

As far as I can see, VW have continued copying ever since!!! Have a look at the original design sketch for the Polo, its just a blatently ripped off Fiat 127.