Octavia II VRS Diesel Oil Filter change

slimmy8888

Happy New Year

Any wise words of advice appreciated as best way to get the oil filter housing cap off, its already lose, and how to get filter element out, as access to this area is restricted

Car is Octavia II VRS diesel

Cheers

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem, it's either strip down anything in your way... or be a bit patient and it will come eventually without forcing it, it's a bit fiddly but it will come out, the harder bit is getting it back in, i put the filter in first then the housing over the top, couldn't get them back in when they where together.

• 3 years later...

I've changed my oil twice now, and the first time around was a real pig and ended up taking the throttle body off to get the cap and filter out.

Last week when changing it, well it couldn't of come out any easier. Didn't need to remove the throttle body. Just had to wriggle it past the loom that sits near the plastic oil filter cap.

Completely confused by how easy it was. Even had a mechanic friend help me on the first time around and he's stumped also.