removal of naff dash silver inserts

I know its probably on here somewhere but im rubbish at trying to find things. But could anyone help me out and tell me where the clip points are in the silver stereo surround and around the doors aswell (Going to get them sprayed black) because knowing me if i dive in with a screwdriver and a scraper something will get broken and or scratched haha.

Cheers :D

Gav

The radio surround just pulls off. Open the ashtray pop your hand underneath and you can get the bottom of surround and just pull as work your way round.

The doors and glove box bits I also want to remove and get rid of cheap silver. So i will follow this.

The silver trim either side of the steering wheel (around light switch) are just pushed into place on a pre-FL. Lever off with a soft trim tool quite easily.

Not sure about the one above the glovebox, but am fairly sure that's just pushed in on the same type of clips.

With the stereo surround / fascia you might find the top edge gets stuck when you get ther (work up from the ashtray) and a trim tool or plastic ruler might be useful here too.

The door trims are plastic riveted. I've read that you need to remove the door cards and grind/cut the plastic heads off from behind. If you try to pull them off without they will break.

The one above the glove box needs the glove box dropping, then you can get access to three screwheads from behind

Dropping the glove box is a bit of a pain, as it requires some of the inner door trim to access certain other screwheads

Be careful if you drop the glovebox , there's a lead that can pull out if it goes to far , I just rested it on a box , access is ok , it's just a faff working backwards , all easy to do except the doorcards which need the panel removing,

The glove box is easy to take out, 2 screws underneath, 3 inside at the top and 1 behind the end dash panel. Unplug the light and air feed pipe and hey presto. Can be done in 5 mins. Leave the airbag one connected if you haven't got means to turn the light off after.