Just ordered a yeti

Smudger64

Visited Preston motors this morning looking to purchase a rapid but after driving found I needed more headroom. Advised by Lee my best bet then would be the yeti but I thought that would be out of my price range. I just want to thank both LEE and NEIL for giving me a fantastic deal although I cannot go into details I doubt very much anybody could beat them. I am now waiting for my 1.2 se yeti in white to be built and arrive. Once again thanks for the deal and if anybody out there is looking for a yeti or at that any Skoda if you can give Lee at Preston motors in forest gate a call before you sign on the dotted line you might be surprised. I know I was.

Smudger,

What is your estimated delivery date? I'm about to take the plunge myself on a Greenline, just waiting to see what the local dealer can come up with pricewise.

Estimated delivery 12-14 weeks for petrol but been told there are diesels available as don't think as popular as petrol prob DPF but not sure in greenline. Give Lee a call at Preston motors a call he's really helpful.

Hi Smudger

I ordered the same model in Cappucino last Friday from Winners of Cinderford and was given roughly the same delivery date early April.

This is my 2nd Yeti 1.2 so you can obviously tell I've had no problems and been well pleased with the all round performance and economy of my first Yeti

The only slight doubt I have is the switch from 16inch to 17inch wheels, but I did not find the 17inch to harsh when test driving a friends .

Winners gave me what I consider a fair trade in price and I was well pleased with the slow depriciation compared with some cars I've owned in the past.

Hopefully we should be proud new owners around the same time .

Hopefully good times await us both. Am trading in my fabia cr diesel elegance got great price and now don't do a lot of miles. I know running cost will go up slightly but more room, higher driving position and the deal breaker no more DPF.

I've averaged about 38/39 mpg over 20,000 miles and I find that quite acceptable as I'm no spring chicken but still have a heavy right boot.

Was very dubious at first about quite a heavy motor with such small engine but you will find the 1.2 quite capable and enjoyable to drive and the extra heighth makes for ease of getting in and out.

The front and rear compartments also are very roomy and comfortable

I did order the extra ESC ABS etc package and spare space saver wheel with my new model

I've found this forum invaluable for hints and tips hope this helps

Estimated delivery 12-14 weeks for petrol but been told there are diesels available as don't think as popular as petrol prob DPF but not sure in greenline. Give Lee a call at Preston motors a call he's really helpful.

That's a reversal of what it was like a while back, as the diesel cars were taking much longer to come through. At one point dealers were trying to get people to change their orders to petrol.

If the petrols are more popular (in the UK) it will be the high purchase cost of Diesel engine versions, possibly DPF issues, (but not heard of any Yeti yet with any DPF issues after 3+ years) the low mileage of the user, some people not wanting diesel engines, people not wanting to pay the extra high cost of having 4x4, and a different reason for everyone who has bought whichever model they have bought. :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did 18k miles a year in my SE 140 with lots of long journeys, never had a problem with the DPF.

Its folks who do a low mileage (especially with lots of short town journeys) that have problems in which case;- they should have bought a petrol!

its a shame dealers dont advise customers better on these issues.

Odd, on track to do 20-25k miles per year in mine and only noticed the regen cycle a few times.

Certainly not intrusive and no concerns here.

It's not had an easy life either with the commute, track days and towing an 1800kg trailer.

I did 18k miles a year in my SE 140 with lots of long journeys, never had a problem with the DPF.

Its folks who do a low mileage (especially with lots of short town journeys) that have problems in which case;- they should have bought a petrol!

its a shame dealers dont advise customers better on these issues.

Some dealers are better than others, when they asked what was my proposed yearly mileage on my new Yeti order, I stated around 8k per year mainly in town and they immediately said the diesel would not be a good proposition. I was about to order with an open mind on both and took their advise. I am so glad I did as the 1.2 DSG is a fabulous town car Edited by jonceebee