Swimming

D15VRS

A simple easy question YES or NO answer. Can Black people swim. I cannot remember an Olympic swimmer. I asked a Guy at work who fits the criteria and he admitted he nor his wife could swim. Not sure where I heard this but its bugging me. I'm sure the reason given was body mass.

There is no reason why any race of human being cannot swim. There may be cultural differences but not physical. We're the same species so physical differences are minimal.

I was told in college that generally black people have a higher bone density, but this wouldn't have much of an effect. Like aspman said, I think it's largely down to cultural differences, and there are probably a few reasons why it's not so popular. I'm sure they could all swim just as well as anyone else could.

Black people can swim fast, Physical difference is not so much different that they change the ability of a person both white and black can swim, the debate has been over on this in African-Americans and it is proved that black person can swim.

As above the African has a bone density not really suitable for swimming, running yes as they originate from the plains of Africa, high impact of running hence the bone density, nothing to do with racism at all , yes they can swim and some very well however they excel in other sports,

As above the African has a bone density not really suitable for swimming, running yes as they originate from the plains of Africa, high impact of running hence the bone density, nothing to do with racism at all , yes they can swim and some very well however they excel in other sports,

Last time I checked Africa had a bit of coast line and a few beaches - also lots of lakes and rivers; all of which had locals swimming and fishing, diving for pearls etc.