Powerflex Console Bushes - increased vibration

del-gti

Fitted these to my Fabia just before Christmas and noticed an increase in engine vibration whilst driving - the sort that changes/goes away with an increase in revs.

Could be that I notice it more than vRS owners due to the different gearing as mine only has a 5-speed box. Only reason I fitted them was for their longevity. I really like the car but the droning is doing my head in.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Also, are they easy to remove? I.e easier to remove than a standard bush?

Cheers

Del

Been there done that, I removed mine shortly after fitting, the vibration was terrible, how anyone can endure it on a long journey, I don't know.

Yes they are a 'doddle' to remove, don't forget to use new bolts when re-assembling.

DB.

Cheers for the info. I'm quite gutted, thought that I could just fit them and forget. What did you replace them with?

But on my run to work some of the roads are 40mph limit and I can't sit in fifth gear at that speed due to the drone.

Anyone want a set of powerflex bushes with only about 1000 miles of use on them? ;)

I'm sure diesel owners have noticed it also

I think it was gr666 I followed and went for the X uprated OEM bush.

Seems to do the job and not too much noise so sorted for me. Maybe not the ultimate in sports feel but should last longer than the original 2 part bush. Mine were falling apart at 90k so Imagine these will outlast the car or my ownership of it at least

Well I'm looking at ordering some replacements. Hopefully change them out at the weekend.

Thanks for the replies.

Does anyone have a part number for new bolts for the standard bush?

I fitted powerflex to my polo gti and had no increase in vibrations at all.

Couldn't be happier to be honest

Same here .......................

BUT we have petrol engines which transmit LESS vibration .......the OP and others have the Diesel engines which transmit MORE vibrations....................

Yeah, they've gotta be changed. Driving it is just annoying me at the moment.

Am I right in saying that the rear of the wishbone is simply held in place by being pushed into the console bush and bolted in at the front?

Yeah, they've gotta be changed. Driving it is just annoying me at the moment.

Am I right in saying that the rear of the wishbone is simply held in place by being pushed into the console bush and bolted in at the front?

You are correct with that.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update - got the new bushes fitted today.

Only had a short drive back from the garage but car was so much quieter, much less vibration. Pity the powerflex bushes didn't work out for me. I should have done my homework prior to getting them but some you win some you lose.

The powerflex ones were easily removed so I've put them up for sale here:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/264280-powerflex-pff85-602-console-bushes/

For information, the ones I got look like these:

image_zps838b47c0.jpg

image_zps59cac59d.jpg

image_zps2ae689d5.jpg