Photo, and winter tyres....

Morning all

Snapped this pic this morning.

My factory fitted Conti tyres gave up the ghost after 10'700 miles, so when changed I had 2 Uniroyal winters put on the front.

I know people say don't mix and match, but that was 15 months ago, and the milage is now up to 23'000 and the tread depth is still quite deep on the winters.

The winters are fitted to the front, and give a lot more grip in the snow than the Conti's ever did, although they can still have problems gripping at times, I guess the width of these things is not ideal.

As and when the back ones are due, I will be changing those for the same Uniroyals. They are a little noisy in normal conditions, but I dont mind that.

Cheers

Steve

8409847991_1f625ff0a3_z.jpg

vrs by sdwilliams72, on Flickr

Yes, i leave the winters on.

I put the uniroyals on 15 months ago and been pleased with performance so left them on. Much better than my conti's were

My wife also had Conti's on her Fabia, they only lasted 12k on that

And no, not a wheel spinning tarmac burning lout either, in fact i drive quite reservedly!

Steve

BTW, all our vehicles in work run winters (mud and snow) all year round

Steve

Don’t confuse the two though Steve, a winter tyre has to have the correct snowflake / 3 peaked mountain symbol:

Winter_Tyres_Bild2.jpg

Whereas a M+S tyres simply means mud + snow, these do not have to have the symbol, some do have it , some don’t.

Morning all

Snapped this pic this morning.

My factory fitted Conti tyres gave up the ghost after 10'700 miles, so when changed I had 2 Uniroyal winters put on the front.

I know people say don't mix and match, but that was 15 months ago, and the milage is now up to 23'000 and the tread depth is still quite deep on the winters.

The winters are fitted to the front, and give a lot more grip in the snow than the Conti's ever did, although they can still have problems gripping at times, I guess the width of these things is not ideal.

As and when the back ones are due, I will be changing those for the same Uniroyals. They are a little noisy in normal conditions, but I dont mind that.

Cheers

Steve

8409847991_1f625ff0a3_z.jpg

vrs by sdwilliams72, on Flickr

Blimey, might have to re-think winter tyres if you can park on a 65 degree slope with them! :)

Ian

• Like 2

So you've got winter tyres on the front, and 'summers' on the back??

Yes, Winters on front and summers on back, until the summers are worn enough to warrant changing.

(Yes, i'm well aware of all the warnings on not mixing, but we have always done the same with all our vehicles, and never had problems, I guess it's how you drive....)

The Uniroyals are winter logo'd, MS Plus 66 is the model number.

Couldnt tell you how they handle on a track, as I don't drive that way, but for normal driving, apart from being slightly noisier than the Conti's, they are performing superbly well.

Fair enough. It's more around emergency manoeuvres where the problem could arise.

There are quite a few example videos available to show what happens, in an emergency avoidance situation.