two stroke oil

hi all

i went to work today and my boss hands me bottle two stroke oil cheap stuff .

i asked whats that for he said fill van up with derv and put the hole bottle in 1liter .

i said your joking he said no so i do what he asked ,

he then turns round and says its better for full comp ????? i wasnt happy about what he said and asked me to do as i had to go

hampshire to drop bike off and then go pick up another bike from folkstone but van was ok .

boss said i can do the same with my skoda fabia vrs ????/

can this be done and will it help the car ????????????????????????

Can be done but I REALLY don't know why anyone would think it does any good to a 4 stroke engine, diesel or petrol!

There is a small risk that 2stroke oil will coke up the engine and/or catalyst, specially the cheapo stuff.

In my honest opinion there is no risk at all that it will do any good!

Don't bother :-)

• Like 1

personally it's not something I'd do and your boss is a tightwad IMO. That said, I have a mate who used to use cheap veg oil to fill his old Pug 306 Turbo Diesel up, mixed with a smidge of turps. It kept going though :giggle:

• Like 1

my boss is a guy that moans when you asked for money for van for fuel and when iam dropping off 35k worth of ducati to someone it makes me larft

Ill pay you some fuel and extra if you drop it off at mine :giggle: joke.

Hi, I have started to use it in my car and the MPG has gone up by about 2mpg. I read a lot about it first. You only need a little, ceratainly not 1 litre per tank more like 50-100ml per tank. It is proven to reduce emissions I believe due to better compression. It also lubricates the fuel pump from the inside.

There are lots of people doing it on the German forums, and they are quite a sensible bunch so I don't think they are making it up!

Yep, the discovery guys are all over it. Since the sulphur levels in diesel have dropped through the floor it is considered a much more 'dry' fuel as in it lacks lubricity. Obviously modern engines are designed around this (to a degree) but older engines that rely on this lubricity are at risk of injector pump failures. Fuel companies now add up to 5% biodiesel as the lubricating properties of it are almost unmatched.

I've done a fair bit of reading about it and the general consensus is for PD engines it is said to quieten them down at idle especially in the morning, used at a ratio of 200:1 (about 200ml per 45lt tank) and you must use JASO-FC or JASO-FD rated 2 stroke in order for it to burn cleaner than the diesel and have any benefits. Don't go expecting any miracle transformations in power or MPG, in my experience it only quietens the engine on morning starts a bit and can't be bad.

I've not heard one bad story. Mercedes apparently used it for marathon drives, some guy used it since 0 miles and he had someone take the head apart during a cambelt change or something and the mechanic was astounded at how clean the internals were.

There's loads of info on the web, have a read and decide for yourself. :happy:

I'e been happy using it for a few years now; really on the basis of the extra lube arguments. No problems. As to mpg, it's important to include the oil as fuel. If you add 1 litre of oil to 50 litres of diesel and calculate on brim to brim without including the oil you will appear to have got an extra 2%.