Service indicator on VRS

whizzo

Morning All,

Switched on my Fab VRS this morning to be told it needs a service in 700 miles, yet the clock is showing 8600 miles at present.

I thought the servicing was 10,000 miles or 12 months, car is only 8 months old and I have owned it from new?

Anyone else had the reminder earlier than expected.

Cheers

It's something to do with the KM to Miles conversion - mine came on telling me I needed a service at 9500 miles (1.6CR).

Service book said variable service...dealer said no Fabias on variable service.

Wife's 1.6CR Golf is on variable and says she needs a service at 18k...I'm well chuffed.

I was told that 10k is a max, and the car knows best thus giving you a countdown. Had mine serviced as instructed by the computer at 9,000.

Seems a very short interval especially as I'd put 5 litres of oil in it up to that point.

Now replaced it with a 3l BMW, with 23k between services and not used a drop of oil

vRS, Variable (showed 17,800 till service when I got it with 74 miles on the clock - delivered from supplying dealer).

If it helps with clarification, most of my journeys (>80%) are >50 miles per cold start; some are even tank full to tank empty.

EDIT: Car is 6.5 months old.

Edited by philhoward

so does anyone know what is the deal with the service schedule on the vrs, my code tells me its on fixed servicing which is 1 year or 10,000 miles. My service book says next service is due as per display.Now my first service was done at 9511 miles when the car was 10 months old. I am now onto 18517 and my car is saying service in 400 miles which will take it up to 18917 miles. So should i get it serviced when these 400 miles are gone or wait untill nearer 20,000 miles.

I believe its a 15,000km service, so there's a bit of rounding up/down involved. That would make it every 9322 miles, but I think they set it to 9400 miles (in the UK). My Scirocco was on "Long Life" servicing (same engine) and that was about every 18,500 miles. Once they set it to the wrong interval (fixed/10k) and it said 9400 miles to next service (when I looked at it a day or so later).

If it's on fixed servicing, I wouldn't hasten to take it in. Mine is on fixed, and even though the indicator came on earlier than expected, I always waited until, say 9,950 or 19,950 and so on, before I took it to the dealer's. They never gave me any grief for doing that, so I would suggest you do the same.

Not applicable for cars on variable though!

And always obey the time limit, if you're not doing that many miles.

Edited by FAB59