First Car advice

rosco15

Evening all,

Turning 17 in March means I'll finally be able to purchase my first car, can anyone offer any advice on what Fabia spec is ideal for a first car, needs to be cheap(ish) insurance, budget of around 7-8k. Im based in Manchester, where is the best place to look?

Also, to make it special, I was looking at getting a leather retrim done on the seats and maybe door cards. I've heard seat surgeons in York are very good, does anyone have any pictures or prices they can post?

From what I've seen recently you'll be best to spend £500 on a car and the rest of your budget on insurance!

£7k will get you a used 1.2 petrol. Depending on your mileage you may consider a diesel? I think they also did a Fabia Sport if you wanted something more interesting.

Welcome along... why Skoda?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I am getting quotes now for my 17 year old son, we have the CO-OP to be the cheapest at £2400 for a 1.0 C1 citroen or similar, the quote for our VRS Fabia was £18,939 so I wish you good luck and choose your car wisely.

Adrian Flux offer young driver discount on Land Rovers of all things, also join a club and get quotes with and without pass plus.

does an admiral multi car policy work out as good value by grouping up with your parents?

Don't know about multi car specifically, but Admiral are cheap in general. However there is reason, they don't like paying out. I won't go near them.

• 3 months later...