2 questions, hatchback boot glass & current mpg readings

YodaTdi

Hi all, does anyone know why this is occuring around the edge of the boot glass on my 06 Fabia? (see pics below)

I know I tend to have to shut the boot with a little bit of a slam but surely that shouldn't cause that, or would it?

If it's the adhesive holding the glass in place is it likely to become loose or let water in? (not that it is loose or letting water in atm)

Also, Im assuming the "current mpg" reading using the onboard display is far from accurate? :wonder:

Mine was reading up to 195mpg at one point while taking it easy on a nice leisurely run & when I put my foot down it starts to appear a lot more realistic at 50-60mpg?

I was told its very sensitive & relies on throttle pressure but Im not 100% convinced because on a nice 50mph run along with keeping my right foot steady it was still showing over 100mpg.......I wish :rofl:

Thanks

Boot pics

post-99604-0-05430200-1360000597_thumb.jpg

post-99604-0-35267400-1360000610_thumb.jpg

Glass looks to be delaminating. Moisture looks to be getting behind the laminated sheet (presuming its laminated glass mind you!). Are you sure your not looking at current MPG, rather than journey MPG, as if you coast on current, it will obviously go up massively.

looks to me like it's delaminating ie the layers are separating. I'm not sure if there's a fix.

As for the MPG, I've seen mine read 240+ when in fifth doing 30 being gentle on the throttle, not sure I belive it though TBH.

Hmm, so if it's "delaminating" does that mean it's actually falling apart slowly? :S

I'm sure the mpg reading I had on disply was the current mpg, not average mpg & as for the 240mpg above, well I'd love to see that a reality haha

So obviously its not accurate at all then.