IOS 6 Untethered Jailbreak is finally here!

Pinchy

There are various alternatives to Instllous out there http://jaxov.com/2013/01/top-3-best-installous-alternatives/.

And if you use Appsync you can download apps on your PC then ad them to itunes and sync them onto your iphone/pad.

Basically it opens your iphone/pad to apps and tweaks that don't go through the apple app store. and also if you wanted to you can have various app stores like installous where you can almost any app for free.

Tweaks that apple don't want you to do like tethering, font changes, deleting preinstalled apps like game centre and apple maps.

Now that some of the cydia apps have official versions now (like the message centre) it's not as useful as it once was for tweaks, but you can get tethering apps on the iphone, to get around the operator lock. You can also download and use apps and games for free that you would generally have to pay for, which of course is illegal.

Before anyone describes or asks how to do the second part, I would like to remind people of the site rules...

It is expected that members will not:

- conduct on the forum anything that is deemed to be criminally illegal, or even bordering upon it. i.e. Stolen goods, theft of money or items, scams etc.

of which, dowlnoading pirated apps, most certainly is. What you, I or anyone else chose to do to find the information is up to the person involved, but please do not post how to do it publicly on this forum

:blush: oops! Sorry about that. Although its not necesarily for piracy as there are some other apps on there that do not feature on apples app store.

I definitly agree its not as usefull as it used to be. Maybe when apple release there own Gameboy and Snes emulators i might reconsider jailbreaking :rofl:

Someone posted on this forum how an app failed and caused them some issues as well as costing the poor person money. Apple sorted the issue FOC and actually refunded all monies and offered compensation i believe.

Doubt they would provide a similar service with your "modified" ipad etc.

Apps are dirt cheap anyway and Apple certainly has plenty of them available, seems some people are never happy and still want things for free.

Even if you only want to take advantage of the other features you can kiss good bye to any apple good will gestures.

They seem quite willing to offer good will and i know a few people who have had damaged ipads and iphones fixed or replaced for free or certainly very cheaply when Apple themselves didnt have to offer this service.

Are the advantages really worth it that much?

As said above :happy: . Takes as little time to restore as it does to jailbreak. It's a personal preference. I like having mine jailbroken and have had no problems. But im not about to go and tell everyone they should or shouldnt do it.

My 5 isn't jail broken and I haven't missed it tbh. Jock - a simple restore on iTunes wipes the jailbreak clean off and is untraceable.

I was too tight to get an apple product anyway so i got a cheapo android phone instead. I only really use it for casual gaming when bored, but my brother in law, work mate and plumber on my site all have had good experiences with Apple and their goodwill when they broke their ipads and iphones. They didnt have insurance on them either but Apple still sorted them. 2 got sorted free and one was replaced for minimal cost. Not sure if this is common place across the country but they do seem to be providing a good service.

Ignoring the Apple good will aspect i would still have an issue with downloading prated apps as its illegal and i suspect a lot of people may use jailbreak purely for this reason.

Not everyone though and no finger pointing intended.

• Like 1

Yeah they replaced my ipad instantly when I took it back, when really they probably could have messed about trying to sort the problem (it wasn't anything major) you get what you pay for as they say. But jailbreak is simple to remove if you happen to have a warranty claim.

I'd like to mess about and try out different keyboard skins and stuff but I'm not overly bothered. I never really used my last jailbreak so haven't missed it on my iPhone 5 or my ipad. So I probably won't bother...

Hi guys, just a little update to people that are maybe on the edge to jailbreaking their i device, I have had a few iphones and ipads and eventually JB all them at some point in there time with me.

I have just done my 3 day old iphone 5 using this guide , much the same as posted guide :thumbup:

Very straight forward, now my ipad and iphone are both sporting some very cool features Apple should look into implementing.

Take care guys! :rock:

Edited by abarth_1200
  • Like 1

Tweaks that apple don't want you to do like tethering, font changes, deleting preinstalled apps like game centre and apple maps.

EE allows tethering. I use it all the time. LTE is great. Before that I was with O2 and they allowed tethering, so I already have that.

Deleting some apple apps might be useful but I just bung them all in a folder and ignore them. With 64gb to play with I have oodles of spare ram. (I wanted a 32gb one but they didn't have any in stock.)

I'm happy with the stock fonts. I'm also happy with the apps currently available with the App Store. I don't play games either.

It is a business phone. My own business mind you!!!!

Now my old Treo 650. That had a custom rom in it...... It is still in the car as a backup phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very straight forward, now my ipad and iphone are both sporting some very cool features Apple should look into implementing claiming to have invented.

Fixed that for you ;) ;)