It has arrived!

DanHam

Well it actually arrived yesterday, came to me looking like this....

A4DD4C9D-7391-4BF8-856F-9A5F7F565F55-3792-0000032097354E46_zpse7519e03.jpg

Wasnt keen on the oxidisation so was going to go over it with some sand paper but my Dad thought about using this

2F4105BB-D837-4796-A1AA-E4971BC4ADD0-3792-00000320A512D2EB_zpsd579853f.jpg

After some time and TLC it ended up like this

07BEC8CF-77DC-4B1C-8476-76708FB24DED-3792-00000320AD05289E_zps9c43473b.jpg

895AB9C8-2073-452C-B330-AF2DED53D9D6-3792-00000320BA80405A_zps4c868f5e.jpg

Pleased with the outcome and looks alot better :) there's some areas I couldn't reach but it won't be very noticeable. I wasnt to eager to go over the centre bit as I don't want to risk damaging the fins.

Just want to get it fitted but need to get some pipe work and the brackets now. Was thinking of using the Darkside Hardpipe kit but it comes out at £315 as I'm using the EGR & standard turbo, also need to add on £24 for the brackets.

Looking at the Forge pipe work that seems expensive for what it is too!

Good work! (BUT have you bent a load of those fins in the process??)

I haven't mate, it's not brand new. Wasnt going to fork out £300 for a new one. I paid less than half that for this :)

Edited by DanHam

While the intercoolers off clean it out with carb cleaner and a hosepipe

Already planned mate, looks like there's a bit of oil in there, the elephant mod is already done on mine so that should keep it all clean inside :)

I've got a set of brackets mate. I'll see if I can dig them out of the shed for you :)

Your amazing!! If you find them let me know and I'll get them off you when your down, don't mind paying for them :)

Pipework wise, id say you'd be better off getting your own. Ash silicone pipes and then the correct hard pipes off ebay and obviously mikalor clamps. You'd do it for a fraction of the cost of both the darkside and forge kit.

I also heard that the darkside hardpipe kit is prone to cracking on joins as it doesnt 'flex' with the car.

I know what you mean mate, I've worked out that it will cost £115 for the turbo clip, the ASV clip and also the map sensor pipe, then it works out around £200 extra for the DS hard pipe kit. I cannot do without the car for anymore than a day or 2. But I suppose I could mention it to the guy who does the custom exhausts that I use and see how much he would charge for the pipe work.