Octy vRS Climate Control failure

Hi All

I have seen a few references to the failure of the Octy (or Superb) climate control being a "well known VAG defect"

The fan works and the readout functions but the air just isn't coming out cold.

Can anyone elaborate as my Octy has now been with the dealer 10 days and they still don't know how to fix it. They have another octy with the same problem just sitting in their workshop next to mine too!

At least (after I asked) they allowed me to have their Furby vRS as a courtesy car. (I am pretty sure it's their demonstrator too!) so I am still enjoying the drive to work.

Thanks all

Matty

Mine was a stone through the condensor :(

In Folllow-up:

The car has now been there since May 23rd (16 days) and still no resolution.

During their "testing" of the climatronic they tell me they managed to "blow up" the condenser unit and "blow a hose" too.

They have the new condenser but not the hose as it is on back order (!?).

There is currently no known timescale for this hose.

The vRS Furby was taken off me on Friday and I now have the Service Managers 90BHP TDI with no aircon (it's not fitted, rather than broken!) hand wind windows and no sunroof. The engine is playing up (dodgy turbo I think) and it is so not a joy to drive. I am getting very narked.

I have a 600 mile journey on the weekend which without aircon will be awful.

They did say that in fact the "standard" courtesy cars are 1.2L Fabias without aircon anyway! - I wonder how the V6 Superb owners feel getting given one of those!

They did say that if this becomes a "long term" repair that Skoda should provide a better car for me. When this "long term" nomenclature kicks in I don't know.

Grrrr...

• 2 years later...

Hi,

My name is James and I live in Ireland. I have a Skoda Octavia RS 2002 and the air conditioning is not working on my car. The clutch engages but no cold air comes out. A fault has come up on my mechanic's computer which is as follows:V-71 Air Flow Flap Valve Motor. I was just wondering did you ever get the air conditioning fixed and whether the V-71 fault came up. I am thinking of getting a new V-71 but only it it will fix the air conditioning. I have asked my local dealer about this and he doesn't know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

James

Hi,

My name is James and I live in Ireland. I have a Skoda Octavia RS 2002 and the air conditioning is not working on my car. The clutch engages but no cold air comes out. A fault has come up on my mechanic's computer which is as follows:V-71 Air Flow Flap Valve Motor. I was just wondering did you ever get the air conditioning fixed and whether the V-71 fault came up. I am thinking of getting a new V-71 but only it it will fix the air conditioning. I have asked my local dealer about this and he doesn't know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

James

Greetings from Co. Mayo!

I have the V-71 issue also. There are a few things you can try - see below

01274 - Ross-Tech Wiki

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...