Rapid spaceback

Just so long as the resemblance is deliberate that's the main thing :) Not that there's anything wrong with a Mk1 Fabia mind you!

No theres nothing wrong with the Mk1 Fabia!! I went through 4 of them! :)

I still prefer the saloon shape of the one I have of I'm honest, but then I'm not known for my fashion sense :-)

It'll be a nice looking motor though. I'm trying to get my dad to give up the Fiat fetish he currently has (last four cars were Punto, another Punto, Punto evo and now a Bravo), wonder if this is the car that'll do it!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Good effort Leon

if it comes out anything like that it would be ace!

Thanks! Lets hope it is close. I like predicting things using my photoshop edits.

• Like 1

The Rapid Spaceback is supposed to appeal to a younger clientele so hopefully it will get some nice wheel options and maybe the interior from the Rapid Sport with the coloured inserts in the dash.

No, the Lavida is a different car I think.. the Chinese VW Jetta and new Santana are however rebadged Rapids.

That there are TWO different VW empires in China, selling slightly different cars from each other, doesn't help here. :giggle: But yes looking at them now the line of the rear door just under the glass line are seemingly different.

Or projectors...

Possibly, but remember the Fabia MK1, it had conventional lamps, and then xenons were the ones with pupils?

It could be normall projector lamps but they didn't seem to be as effective did they?

Edited by Leon-y-k

You can get washers already.

Xenons are confirmed anyway from wk32 which I believe is when the Spaceback starts manufacturer.

Last year Skoda showed the first official photos of the Rapid on 19th June even though it wasn't at the Paris Motorshow until the end of September so I reckon we'll have official pics of the spaceback within the next month or so, especially as they are ramping up the testcarsgettingcaughtaccidentallyonpurpose thing now.

Possibly, but remember the Fabia MK1, it had conventional lamps, and then xenons were the ones with pupils?

It could be normall projector lamps but they didn't seem to be as effective did they?

25W xenon ;)

New 'spy' photos seem to be coming daily now so the official photos can't be far off. Should be quite nice once the disguises are removed.

24052013238.jpg

Definitely looks more like a 'conventional' hatch. Wonder how the brick-dynamics of the usual hatch shape will affect the drag coefficient?

:hi: (from skodahome.cz)

Looks like some screen grabs from the Škoda Configurator that slipped though the net (like the previous Octavia vRS ones)... So pretty much the done deal. Sorry but nah from me. Looks very gawky and weird to my eyes. Neither estate nor hatch.