Lofty's Bora Estate

Lofty79

thought id whack up some pics of the new car - Originally a golf of course but taken on a change to bora front

18 inch rs6's

coilies

gti interior

today did

oil and filter

coolant temp sensor

new coolant

air filter

new discs pads all round (supplied with car)

This car suffered a belt break a few months ago and bent con rod, so engine is rebuilt and has new seals throughout, new head, timing belt tensioner and water pump.

new clutch and flywheel - so not alot to do for a while mechanically and it shows in the drive.

Ill update as i go along

bora_zps2643515e.jpg

bora2_zps179839ba.jpg

bora3_zps3d19a0ce.jpg

touch of an issue with the curbs round here though

bora1_zpsc2720e16.jpg

Edited by Lofty79
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys it does look way better than the golf. It confuses folk though, the rear being not of normal bora setup. Those not interested in cars think its a passat

• 3 months later...

well been through the mill recently and been busy, but work has started on the car again

change of front end

new coilies

and scored a new set of wheels that im really happy with, these are being refurbed polished lipped and painted tomorrow

here it is on porsche fuchs reps with 5x100 - 5x130 adapters

porsche1_zps4698d3cc.jpg

porsche3_zpsed29164b.jpg

porsche_zpscae0db0c.jpg

porsche4_zps15ca4f75.jpg

porsche2_zps8f44ad1f.jpg

Cheers guys, have a few extra changes to update soon, wheels have been painted on the faces, and are currently being polished to mirror on the dish sides and lips. Looks pretty good imho.

Strange how on here its quite liked, but on Scottish vag where this car made its debut, people are not enthralled by it at all. However the looks as one drives down the street more than make up for it.

• Like 1

Running a US front end is a compromise. Looks great without the plate but then you'll get pulled. Shove the place in the windscreen ("sorry officer, it fell off") and you'll get pulled. But whacking it to one side JDM style looked absolutely rubbish IMHO. I reckon you'd be better off just running it back in the centre.

Some awesome mk4 estates knocking about - few on ED38... Good, massively under rated cars...

Didn't mean to sound negative - just the plate positition is a compromise - the US rub strip thing = good. As a result, putting your number plate off to the side for that one little piece of rubber? Not soo good!

Lovely mk4 wagon in PVW recently actually. A V5 - looked lovely!

Don't worry buddy I wasn't taking offense, in fact quite the opposite! I had always wondered, and since my last post, the number plate has been removed, and glue tabs rubbed off haha

I have a straight but slightly smaller plate made that will.be central, but a tad lower than stock. As are many us type fronts.

So genuinely, thanks for your input