Hello forum :hi:

I've recently bought a W reg (2000) model Felicia estate and I'm really happy with it. But, the previous owner had a few problems with the clip in the grill that secures the bonnet down and then one day it flew up in his face, and has been really scratched up from the wipers that were running at the time.

So, I've made a few calls around and garages are wanting £300+ for a colour matched bonnet or for a respray. But, I recently had a look on eBay and there's a seller with a bonnet taken from a 1.9L diesel 1998 model and its currently only £20. Bargain!!!!! I have the 1.3L petrol model, so I'm just wondering if this bonnet will fit my car?

Also, are they easy to swap as I'm based near Brighton and planning to collect on the way through Leeds on the Easter drive up to the Lake District, so is it an easy roadside job to change them over?

Thanks

Ed

Not that difficult, the bloke above is correct, the trickiest bit is adjusting it for a perfect fit. I took one from a 1.3 estate and put it on my truck. I've spent many hours fettling and cannot get it lined up right. You might be lucky tho!

They are quick easy to fit, but it is not a one man job, to make your life easier you will be able to see witness marks on the brackets on the side of the bonnet where the hinge brackets have bolted to it, I'm afraid it's down to good old trial and error to get them lined up right, personally I find it easier to undo the bolts that hold the bonnet catch on so you can raise and lower it without having to release the bonnet every time with the lever.

its easy to fit 12mm bolts if i rember as long as its a face-lift bonnet then it will fit mine is silver under the black came from my donnor car but like tom says it can be a pig to line up i just scraped my old one there was nothing wrong with it you could of had it