Ever used the umbrella?

Liebel

Surely thats like buying a new tv and not using the remote in case you wear the buttons out. Did you ask to keep the plastic transport wrapping on the car too?

I don't disagree with you, but I've always liked to keep everything as it was the day I bought it where possible. When I was young, I kept all my Dinky cars in their original boxes and was very careful never to scratch or chip them. Today, the boxes and contents with their prices in £/s/d look no different to when I bought them 50+ years ago!

I don't disagree with you, but I've always liked to keep everything as it was the day I bought it where possible. When I was young, I kept all my Dinky cars in their original boxes and was very careful never to scratch or chip them. Today, the boxes and contents with their prices in £/s/d look no different to when I bought them 50+ years ago!

Strange I was exactly the same those years back when living in the UK. I take pride in keeping things in a new condition. I met my wife a while back who changed that behaviour. I never realised how nice it is to hold an iPhone without one of those covers until now :)

Used mine once. Normally carry a full size in the boot. I was really glad of it the once I did use it and really impressed with the quality. Certainly not a novelty extra. Now lovingly restored to its holder. Good to know its there when you need it.

Now to the confession...not long after I got the Superb I parked up in the rain without a coat and ...well...forgot about the little brolly. Five mins later and well soaked I suddenly remembered the brolly. I had to smile. Clever Superb...foolish me!

I have only used mine a couple of times, but there again I live in sunny Australia not the UK! :hi:

Still scratching my head over the idea above of not using it to keep things original. Does that mean you don't drive it because the tyres would not be new or take it out of the garage in car the paint fades, or sit in it because the seats would wear, or put anything in the boot in case it gets marked? Funny, but I thought we bought things so we could use them and Skoda thoughtfully put in a brolly to stop us getting wet. Silly me. :wonder:

Great car and I get so much enjoyment out the extensive and excellent features. In Australia, Skodas come very comprehensively equipped. Much of the stuff you pay extra for is standard here across the range on Superbs eg bi-zenons, Columbus, f/r parking sensors, etc, but pricing is similar to VWs which are less well equipped. Apart from a sunroof and Kessy, and maybe the sports suspension there is not much else I could want on my V6.

Had my umbrella out again today. Left the gym and it was raining. Of course I didn't have my coat with me so it was over to the passenger side open the door and hey presto, a dry Richie. I love it.

It sounds like yours was built during the 6 months (or so) when SUK dropped the umbrella from the spec.

Did you point out it was missing upon collection?

It sounds like yours was built during the 6 months (or so) when SUK dropped the umbrella from the spec.

Did you point out it was missing upon collection?

Yep, and was told Skoda had stopped fitting it to the cars. The boot torch was missing as well, had to stamp and kick to get that replaced. I keep meaning to buy one.

LOL it wasn’t supplied by the liars up at Carlisle was it?

I had the same argument over my torch, only to be told it was discontinued :dull: , once SUK got involved it was supplied pretty quickly :thumbup:

Ray I asked this on a German forum and the reply I got was theirs is also on the passenger side (LHD car) the umbrella is apparently meant for the passengers not the driver!

• Like 1

LOL it wasn’t supplied by the liars up at Carlisle was it?

I had the same argument over my torch, only to be told it was discontinued :dull: , once SUK got involved it was supplied pretty quickly :thumbup:

They never went as far as the 'discontinued' argument with me about the torch, they stuck that one on the brolly. Took ages before it turned up though. The dealer was several hundred miles South from there.

Given the price I got the car for, I wasn't too upset about the umbrella :smirk:

I got the same story: discontinued on a 2012 car? Hmmm... I don't think so. As I already had one of these (in black I hasten to say, although the cloudy one is a bit - ahem - "different"), I wasn't that fussed, as it fits into the space quite nicely http://www.umbrellaheaven.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=58&products_id=1243

I've also seen them for sale on the bay of E for about the same price incl. delivery.