Ccu problems vrs

Had problems with the locking and the windows on my vrs. Figured it would be the CCU in the door, i was correct. Was full of water. Anyway sorted it out the windows work, the passenger door lock isnt constantly clicking and the doors lock/unlock all apart from the drivers door. The pin, i assume for the drivers lock fell out the ccu when i removed the plug :(

Any suggestions? Apart from replacing the ccu? Also if it needs replacing does it matter that my car has a sunroof? I assume its linked.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

the ccu is not in the door, that is the drivers door control unit which interfaces with all the controls on the door unit to do locking etc etc

get it scanned first to see if the ccu has been goosed - it is under the steering wheel and costs ££££ if knackered

Well the unit in the door is the offending item. I will try a bodge in the next few days to see if it will work.

Anyone know the best place to buy electrical pins

Sent from my iPhone 4s

thats the door motor mechanism by the sound of it, you can get the microswitch from maplin, but for the effort a pattern part can be had for £40, might be an easier option

What i did with mine, when it went kaput, was to remove all the yellow sealing gunge from around the pins, then strip open the control box thingy, trace which pin had snapped off, solder a length of wire to the good side of the broken pin, drill a tiny hole to pass the wire through, then splice the wire into the multi plug harness. Bish Bash Bosh... Jobs a good un!

King of bodges.

• Like 1