Citygo 5dr Greentec75 elegance or Fabia Greenline II

thebeats19

I am after a new car after my trusty Fabia VRS with 111k just scraped through its mot, got what i thought was a good trade in offer of 3k!

so i am down to two (at the moment!)

Either the Fabia or citygo, the fabia's are VAT free at the moment so by the time i spec up the citygo they both come out at about 11k

i do about 60miles a day, on my own most of the time and dont carry a lot of stuff! i test drove the citygo and was impressed but dont know what its going to be like for day to day commuting, the fabia just feels a bit dated now compared to the Citygo but its got more room, 5 seats and potentally better on the juice 83.1mpg to the Citygos 67.9mpg, i have also herd the 1.2tdi is a little gutless, i love the toys on the citygo PID, heated seats etc i just am struggling to decide!!

Any advice or opinion would be gratfuly received!

I bought a fabia greenline estate two weeks ago to do 60 miles a day back and to to work. So far I've found it to be quite surprising, lots of reviews say the engine is gutless but I haven't found it wanting yet, at 70 it is only doing 2200 rpm (compared to 3500 rpm in my old auris petrol). I bought a standard greenline spec and the only bit I wish i had added is the maxidot computer, it makes the dash look modern and it has more info.

MPG wise, so far, I am getting 60mpg on my mostly motorway commute which should hopefully improve as the engine settles.

The missus is picking up a citigo elegance on saturday so i can give an opinion on both after then.

Edited by Weiss