If you thought the Nissan Juke was polarising in the looks dept...

Yup, because that is thankfully a totally different (and MUCH smaller) car.

Though some of the important mechanical bits like the engine and auto gearbox are the same.

Still this is a Fiat platform rather than a Jeep one which is obviously a better place to start.

Though some of the important mechanical bits like the engine and auto gearbox are the same.

Still this is a Fiat platform rather than a Jeep one which is obviously a better place to start.

Yes the silly "way too many gears and thus loves hunting" 9 speed gearbox is definitely shared sadly.

The Jeep Renegade got a slating in this month's What Car? magazine.

They made a specific reference to the Yeti being far superior and also had concerns with Jeep's provisional UK pricing starting from £17,000.

2015-Jeep-Renegade-Latitude-and-Trailhaw

We saw the Renegade and the new Cherokee at Paris to be fair it did look fresh but the build quality really let it down. 

I liked it's little details but its more for fun than good looks in my eyes. 20141004_121122_resized.jpg

20141004_121143_resized.jpg

20141004_121111_resized.jpg

20141004_121005_resized.jpg

20141004_121100_resized.jpg

It comes across like a tribute to the Wrangler slightly...plenty of room for improvement. 

The Jeep Renegade got a slating in this month's What Car? magazine.

They made a specific reference to the Yeti being far superior and also had concerns with Jeep's provisional UK pricing starting from £17,000.

What Car don't know their elbows from their arms when it comes to cars. I would NEVER trust anything they say. Every test I've read of the Renegade so far has been favourable. So the one unfavourable test being from What Car really comes as no surprise.

That'd make the Yeti a bit rubbish then as they love it! :D

That would be the first they have EVER liked ANY Škoda. So even THAT I take with a pinch of salt. What that lot say about anything is not worth the paper it is written on.

To be fair the same can be said for any motoring publication.

I've had no reason for complaint when reading their reviews, and they are complimentary about quite a number of Skoda models.