Handbrake sensor and wire location HELP!

Hi everyone!

i posted a similar thread in the in car entertainment too.

Today i installed a Pioneer double din SPH DA100 app radio touch screen head unit in my mk1 fabia vrs. it works great, however there is one big problem I've encountered. many of the features are not accessible unless the handbrake is on, this wasn't necessarily a problem as i thought i would just not connect the radio to the handbrake. however if you do this it thinks the handbrake is off so you can't use it properly.

Basically i need to know where the wire which connects to the sensor registering whether the handbrake is applied runs so i can connect the stereo up. Ideally i'd like to fit a bypass kit so i don't need to use the handbrake all the time so if anyone has used one of them before or knows of one let me know!

all help is much appreciated!

Chris

Just ground the correct wire and you will be able to use all the feature's all the time, this is exactly what I did with my mates HU when I fitted his System into his Supra

I'm doubtful that grounding the handbrake sensor wire will work.

This is a much discussed subject on the web.

The following video is one of many similar solutions demonstrated on Youtube and is what i did on my Pioneer AVH 3200BT:

Cheers guys!

I don't think grounding works on these newer head units. The software is programmed to stop people doing it :/

I'll have a look into a bypass relay, I've had a look round about on the web but thought ask here too seeing as people might have done it in a fabia :)

99% sure there'll just be 1 wire coming from the switch under the handbrake lever, it will give an earth with the handbrake on and nothing with it off. So unless the instructions are telling you to fit an extra switch? I'd just connect this handbrake wire to an earth and try it.