Has anyone got or previously had a squeaky interior heater? Its the main heater in the middle of the dash. At higher settings and after running for some time it starts a high pitched squeak and sounds like it could do with a good oiling somewhere inside. Now it's become regular on the second heat setting and intermittant on the lowest. Usually it's silent initially but when the car hits a bump it sets it off. It can be very persistant and really irritating after a while. In short it's become worse and needs a look at. Is there a know fault or part that fails inside or is it maintainable in some way, such as a well aimed squirt with a can of WD40?!

hiya yorkshirecoble- greetings from Navan! - had the same problem myself- if you open up the air-intake vent under the bonnet, its all held together with clips, a little fiddly but not too difficult, you'll have access to the motor and fan. you'll see where it turns plastic-on-plastic, causing the squeak. - just be careful putting it all back together, the motor-brushes are spring-tensioned and tend to come loose.- other than that, its a 15 minute fix. - cheers!

hiya yorkshirecoble- greetings from Navan! - had the same problem myself- if you open up the air-intake vent under the bonnet, its all held together with clips, a little fiddly but not too difficult, you'll have access to the motor and fan. you'll see where it turns plastic-on-plastic, causing the squeak. - just be careful putting it all back together, the motor-brushes are spring-tensioned and tend to come loose.- other than that, its a 15 minute fix. - cheers!

do you mean the engine compartment or in the glove compartment?

do you mean the engine compartment or in the glove compartment?

What car do you have? You didn't bother mentioning that in your profile (old habit in here), but judging by your nick you are in the wrong section. This is about SKODA FELICIA.

SKODA OCTAVIA to SKODA FELICIA is like engine compartment to glove compartment.

Edited by adurer

Mine was doing this, but only on settings I and occasionally II (a diesel box, mind). Now, it doesn't work at all for the first 5-10 minutes after the engine is started, so perhaps worth taking the heater box out and checking it all over as a preventative measure, because who knows - the two issues may be linked.

What car do you have? You didn't bother mentioning that in your profile (old habit in here), but judging by your nick you are in the wrong section. This is about SKODA FELICIA.

SKODA OCTAVIA to SKODA FELICIA is like engine compartment to glove compartment.

sorry my fault but here s my problem ----> http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/268369-dash-rattle-creack/#entry3171643