digital display permanently showing kmh

Hi all

I'd be grateful if new non maxidot fl

VRS owners could confirm their digital display shows speed in km and not mph. Dealer says it can't be switched legally which seems odd if I am not travelling in Europe?

Cheers

Quote from Gizmo68

"Yes you need VCDS, under 17-Instruments just change the cars country to Australia, the KPH will be replaced with the outside temp gauge, you also get the options of the large MPH digital display and when required the KPH.

Nothing will need to be re-done for the MOT as it's all selectable in the MFD"

Edited by CmB

And now i have just read the bit where you say "non maxidot". I am assuming the change can still be made

Edited by CmB

Because the speedo doesn't have both MPH and KPH the digital display does infact have to read in KPH so in conjunction with the speedo you have visibilty of both.

If Skoda just did what everyone else did and put both on the speedo then I'm sure they'd then be able to set the digital display to MPH in the UK.

As above, a cheat is to set your car up as though it was in Australia!

Hi mate,

Yes, my 62 plate vRS is the same, the digital speed display is correct showing speed in kph, it's like that because unlike most cars there are no kph markings on the speedo dial and all cars in the uk have to be able to display kph as well as mph. This link tells you a bit more about it: http://ukma.org.uk/speed-limits

ATB

Thanks all, very helpful information. Interesting that Europeans visiting this country don't have to do the same with their speedos though. Sound like Skoda saving money on dash dials.

I scanned a new Octavia last year that didn’t have maxidot, I can’t remember if it was possible to code it as Australian now, but what I do remember was there was no option to turn off the “Alt.Speed. Disp” (this is what removes the small KPH and replaces it with the larger digital MPH display).

So if it is possible to code the car to Australian, you will not be able to remove the KPH display anyway.

Basically you need maxidot for this.