Collected yesterday - first impressions

RapidRonnie

We collected mums new Citigo 5 door Elegance 60ps in red yesterday with sunset, spare wheel and entertainment pack. Car looks great, the red is a really nice strong colour even though it's not metallic and the car was prepped nicely. Unfortunately the PID hadn't yet arrived though so mum has to pick that up during the week.

We took it for a 70 mile drive after collecting and both had a go behind the wheel.

I was generally really impressed. Like many others have said it really does have a big car feel to it, both in terms of the interior space (at least in the front) and the way it drives. The engine is a bit noisy under throttle but it does sound nice, apart from that the refinement/ride quality is really impressive. The new style three spoke leather steering wheel with the chrome decoration looks and feels great and gives the interior quite a premium look.

Only small bits of criticsm (which is me being picky really as it is a small and cheap city car after all)

- Engine is fine once you get a few revs on the counter but a little unresponsive from standstill. Suspect you would learn to drive round this but feel the three cylinder 1.2 in the Fabia is a lot better in this respect and is maybe a bit quieter too (and if anything sounds even better)

- Would like to have a crisper, larger maxidot type display in the dash pod (at least as an option) Didn't think the green LCD display was that easy to read. Might not have noticed that at all had the PID been installed though!

002.jpg

003.jpg

005.jpg

Edited by OctaviaT81
  • Like 1

your PID will address your display issues ;) you can get proper playstation type graphics for a rev counter and temp gague and trip computer ect that makes maxidot look like a ZX81 !

the engine has little torque.. to pull away strongly simply use more gat when using the clutch and you will get the responsiveness you desire....

looks good, enjoy the new car :)

Its identical to mine, I picked it up on Saturday, did you get the media holder? I thought it was a waste of time my phone didn't fit and you lose a cup holder, I think the green on the citigo logo is a bit of an off colour don`t you?

Its identical to mine, I picked it up on Saturday, did you get the media holder? I thought it was a waste of time my phone didn't fit and you lose a cup holder, I think the green on the citigo logo is a bit of an off colour don`t you?

Fits my iPhone 4, with or without sleeve cover and comes in handy when adding USB power from the 12v socket beside.

I think if the media holder is good... if it fits your phone. If you've got a drink in the go can always move the holder to the back cupholder?

Kind of agree on the green badging but it's not my car and mum likes it!

Octavia, you will find the engine becomes both more powerful and quieter as your mum puts more miles on her. The engine is very tight at the moment and this causes more friction and mechanical noise. It reduces performance too. Just follow the running in instructions (even loosely will do) and she will be fine. Enjoy!

• Like 1

Now if you had gone for a lighter colour the GO is more subtle?

Edited by Owens

Octavia, you will find the engine becomes both more powerful and quieter as your mum puts more miles on her. The engine is very tight at the moment and this causes more friction and mechanical noise. It reduces performance too. Just follow the running in instructions (even loosely will do) and she will be fine. Enjoy!

I found that, it's way more pokey now than when it was box fresh. Just done 3k on mine now :)

• 2 weeks later...

We collected the wifes Citigo yesterday. Red Elegance 75, 5 door with summerpack and spare wheel. This was a 'stock' car at the port in Germany and took 4 weeks to arrive at the dealers.

Looks really good in red with the summer pack. The glass roof helps brighten the interior.

So the 'let me take it for a drive' journey today was to Milton Keynes. Approx 150 mile round trip in the wind and rain. Cruised well at 70mph down the A1/A421 and returned 59mpg on the PID.

Really pleased with our purchase and agree that the new style steering wheel with the silver inserts looks nice. The PID seems to work well with the phones and ipods that were paired with it. Thankfully the boot was not big enough for any flat pack furniture from Ikea !

A few of questions

-No soft case supplied with the PID. Should there be one ?

-On the lcd display it shows 'Safe lock' when entering and what appears to be a picture of a manual. Cant see anything in there.

-Also on the lcd it shows the mileage followed by n n when turning on the ignition. Can't see that in the manual neither. Is it a reminder to depress the pedals before starting ?

- We have the 5 year warranty but not sure if the roadside assistance runs for the 5 years too ?

-On the lcd display it shows 'Safe lock' when entering and what appears to be a picture of a manual. Cant see anything in there.

That one got me, sat on the forecourt ready to drive my new car away & wondering why it wouldn't start till the salesman told me to press the clutch pedal before turning the key, apparently to stop you trying to start the car in gear he said.

PID cases are extra. I asked my dealer if it came with it and when he said no I said that a big disappointment. He then gave me one free of charge.

I think the safe lock refers to the immobiliser system on page 58/9 although I could not see a mention of safe lock?

The two nn mean the rear seat belts are un-locked e.g. passengers not belted up? see page 22 of the user manual.

I was told the extra warranty comes with breakdown cover as well.

Edited by Owens

Thanks Owens.

I would never have thought it would have a rear seat belt warning indicator but thats what it is. Must get my eyes tested !

Pid case- I was told it was in the box so will try and pick one up.

Went for another brief drive this weekend and think I was a bit more used to it this time... was following an old person along a b-road which joined a dual carriageway and was very impressed with how easily we passed them and how quiet it cruises.

The PID is also a bargain for the functionality it has.