VRS Misfire

Yes to my knowledge and experience, the Spark Plugs get burnt out on the same cylinder,

as the Coil commonly Fails first and the Valves have.

So is there '4 new Spark Plugs' in the Car now.?

How old is your car, & at what mileage,

and has it now got the Latest ECU Update done?

This might make it longer until the new plugs need changing.

? Do you run 99 ron petrol ?

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/291585-warning-on-spark-plugs-14-tsi-cave-vrs-check-the-spark-plugs

62 plate with 40k running Tesco 99 Ron

Yes all 4 plugs have now been changed. but still having issues hence being back in today.

I have just been reading some of your other posts about the ECU update, and im going to enquire later.

Edited by James Hamilton

Hi All,

Im having this trouble with my VRS, they have replaced plugs and said there was a misfire recorded on cyl 3. Drove it this morning and it still feels like its missing while im stationary in traffic. Needless to say its gone back in today, and yet again im in a loan car.

Id be interested to know if its always the same cyl on everyone else's engines that experiencing this.

Really starting to question Skoda's reliability, i thought this was something that had improved lots since the old days of Skoda.

Perhaps not

It was Cyl 1 with mine, but I have no information yet on what actually went wrong. I didn't think to check the service book I'll have a check later! I'll also raise a case with Skoda UK too as I still haven't heard anything from the garage! I'm not sure if an extended skoda warranty will apply to me as the warranty I had the work done with was from the dealership I bought it from, and independent warranty engineer came to see the car before they could do any work to it.

As for the gearbox warranty, I was told by the advisor that it would have a 2 year warranty to cover any possible problems with the gearbox. No paperwork though so it may not be true. Again still waiting on a response from the manager.

edit: the only thing I actually know about the cylinder problem was that there was oil getting in there, and I have read somewhere that there is a possibility of the crankshaft bearings wearing unevenly causing damage to the piston rings so I have a feeling it may be that.

Edited by shanejdavies

If a 'Warranty Company' had to pay for your Engine, then that is a 2 Year Warranty on the engine,.

Its a 4,000 Euro Part.

If Skoda did a deal with the Warranty Company, thats maybe still a 2 Year Warranty.

Its Skoda doing Engine Replacement from the Original Manufacturers Warranty, where they say 

the Warranty Work is just the Original 3 Years,

But,

Members have not Accepted that, and had Extensions from Skoda.

Used Car Dealership, or Skoda Approved Extended Warranties, can involve Extended Warranty Companies,

That why it is confusion.

As to the DSG & Service Campaigns.

We need to find out how long 'Good Will Gestures' will go on in the UK.

Because Skoda have not done a 'Recall'. and say there are no Safety Criteria.

So all cars that can be affected might never get Service Campaign work done.

Cars that can lose Power or Drive could be on the road for years 

might only fail sometime down the line when there is no Warranty on the car.

• Like 1

If a 'Warranty Company' had to pay for your Engine, then that is a 2 Year Warranty on the engine,.

Its a 4,000 Euro Part.

If Skoda did a deal with the Warranty Company, thats maybe still a 2 Year Warranty.

Its Skoda doing Engine Replacement from the Original Manufacturers Warranty, where they say

the Warranty Work is just the Original 3 Years,

But,

Members have not Accepted that, and had Extensions from Skoda.

Used Car Dealership, or Skoda Approved Extended Warranties, can involve Extended Warranty Companies,

That why it is confusion.

This was my argument with the manager, that the warranty company paid so it was essentially the same as me paying for the replacement myself. The suggestion that I should pay towards it myself was just an attempt to get more money of me.

And yes I believe that cylinder 1 is on the left facing the front of the car, on the drivers side. (The nightmare one when you change spark plugs)

just had all 4 changed under warranty, 24k running BP 97 100% of the time since about 1k when i converted

only really had an issue when first setting off, forward and reverse, but they had my car 2 days and found the missfire and hopefully cured it, 24k for plugs is way short of the 40k though, another VW/Sloda lie?

• Like 1

just had all 4 changed under warranty, 24k running BP 97 100% of the time since about 1k when i converted

only really had an issue when first setting off, forward and reverse, but they had my car 2 days and found the missfire and hopefully cured it, 24k for plugs is way short of the 40k though, another VW/Sloda lie?

Mine still misfires in the morning and runs rough occasionally. Admittedly, there's none of the previous mapped issues, but the cars going soon, so I'm not bothered any more.

well mine isn't cured, bloody thing did it again this morning, reversed off, put in 'd' and drive away, like its on kangaroo petrol so its booked back in

what with the clunking noise i get from the brake pedal and this im wondering if its clutch issue but either way they can get it sorted asap, im peeved off now

on a plus note, got offered 9k part ex so its not all bad news, just need to work on the price of the new car ;)

I read the other day that Skoda won't be doing a VRS for the next car. Sales of the Monte Carlo (and I guess the issues with the current one) have put paid to it.

jonny boy,  what engine problems?

since Dr Vyhland CEO of Skoda was reported ro have said their will no vRS version of the replacement for the Mk2 vRS,

they have sold over 800 in the UK, and 1000's around the world of the Skoda & the 3 sister Twinchargers.

Skoda/VWG have never accepted publicaly that there are problems, they sell the cars still.

& the announced a new Polo Gti in 2015 with 189 ps,  they just never said what engine,

Monte carlos have sold near 6,000 Monte Carlos & vRS near 3,000 in the UK, in 3 & 4 years.

But last year alone in the UK it was 31,000 Fabias sold or first Registered in the UK, nearly half all that Skoda UK cars 

first Registered in the UK.

re Misfires, & Logged Codes.

Misfires do not always log on the vRS,

That does not mean that there is not a Cylinder Misfiring, a Plug Failing, or a Coil, or loss of Compression on a Cylinder.

It just means there were not enough misfires in a Cycle.

That can be because you lift off the throttle, have no Warning Lights for Engine or Emissions control,

Yet there still was and can be a midfire.  & Action needs taken.

george.