New Car - Smart Insurance

Walki

Hi, I am new to this forum, this is my first posting.

I am going to collect my new Citigo Elegance Green Tech car today and have been offered various Protect & Care Insurances, the only one that I am interested in is the SMART Insurance that covers chips and dents.

Has anyone bought this insurance or had any experience of it, also did the Skoda garage offer it at cost and what was the price offered?

I would be very interested in everyone's opinion of the insurance, I did a quick Google search to see if the insurance was offered cheaper elsewhere but haven't found anything yet.

Many thanks for your replies

Ive never heard of that one, but id be suprised if it doesnt come with a very hefty terms and conditions booklet. If its anything like skoda paint warranty then absolutely bugger all will be covered with it,

On special cover for chips and dents they probably have so many outs worded in as to make it useless.

Unless you tow it behind a gritter, it'll be a lot cheaper just to pay chipsaway or something like that when you want to sell it.

• Like 1

• Sponsor

Hi, I am new to this forum, this is my first posting.

I am going to collect my new Citigo Elegance Green Tech car today and have been offered various Protect & Care Insurances, the only one that I am interested in is the SMART Insurance that covers chips and dents.

Has anyone bought this insurance or had any experience of it, also did the Skoda garage offer it at cost and what was the price offered?

I would be very interested in everyone's opinion of the insurance, I did a quick Google search to see if the insurance was offered cheaper elsewhere but haven't found anything yet.

Many thanks for your replies

Hi,

If your interested in this type of insurance might be worth having a shop around to see if you can get a better price. We used to offer a similar product but not at the moment.

Regards,

Dan.

On special cover for chips and dents they probably have so many outs worded in as to make it useless.

Unless you tow it behind a gritter, it'll be a lot cheaper just to pay chipsaway or something like that when you want to sell it.

Agree - best to "self insure" on this one.

With any modern car you WILL definitely get chips. Paints now are water based not solvent based and as a result are much softer. Put your money in a jar and get the car touched up as and when you need to.