Kierans Silver Fabia Vrs

kieranlt

Thought I'd start a thread on my first Fabia Vrs and maybe I might be able to get some tips and hints from people.

I see the car advertised on Ebay so went along to view. Very please with the way the car looked, and was very clean inside and out. After looking around the car and taking it for a short test drive I instantly fell in love! I previously owned a Fabia 1.4mpi which was pretty gutless and poor on economy, but the Vrs couldnt be more different!

1 Lady owner from new

96,000 miles

full service history (although it is due for its next one)

tax til July

Mot til July

previous MOT had no advisories on it

laquer peel to the spoiler but will get that sorted soon

And heres a few pics from the advert -

skodafabiavrs.jpg

skodafabiavrs5.jpg

skodafabiavrs6.jpg

skodafabiavrs2.jpg

skodafabiavrs3.jpg

skodafabiavrs4.jpg

Got a few subtle ideas in mind, any help you have of ideas please feel free to let me know!

colour coded door handles

chrome grille surround (unsure whether to go black or silver)

anthracite alloys

lcr front splitter

lowered on H&R springs (unless anyone recommends different)

light window tints

facelift rear lights

post-94201-0-45998500-1363036391_thumb.jpg

Lol oh dear! I only wanted subtle mods thought they might go together quite nicely, take it as a compliment ;)

what coilovers are you running? And how does it feel on the road? I don't want to go too low so thought the 30mm drop springs would be ok but might pay the bit extra for coilovers.

I'm on KW v1's, they're not too bad tbh.... If you don't want too crashy or to start avoiding overly bumpy roads then I wouldn't bother with coilovers. KW are meant to be the most comfortable though.

Thanks for the info, will go with the springs then as I'm not looking to go really low and avoiding bumpy rounds wouldn't be an option as the road to work is terrible!

Small update the car is booked in for a service and check next Thursday to make sure everything is correct and well.

• 2 weeks later...

Car went for a service today, all seemed well and good. I was told there was a bit of oil round the turbo but was to be expected with the mileage and age apparently.

I've had a problem since having the car back though, the ASR light keeps coming on. Comes on and goes out as it should before I start the engine, but then come on shortly after starting or moving off. Anyone got an idea what this might be?

On a better note ordered some wind deflectors yesterday so they should be on there way :)

• 1 month later...

Not much has happened over the past month really, small mods that make a slight difference really!

The car after a good clean!

img0415yx.jpg

The car didn't come with a tax disc holder so ordered a cheap one from Ebay, does the job nicely!

img0408rx.jpg

Also bought a pair of chrome indicator bulbs (flash orange) for the front. No before or after pics, but ill be buying a pair for the rear when I order some facelift rear lights.

img0409ck.jpg

Also ordered and fitted some Heko wind deflectors and stuck on the briskoda stickers!

img0441gj.jpg

img0493zy.jpg

img0495j.jpg

Bought some colour coded door handles this week from Rickvrs which arrived yesterday! Just waiting for some free time to fit them.

img0554ma.jpg

Also had a personal plate ordered for my birthday! Even came in pressed plate form. Just waiting for the paperwork to arrive so I can fit them too the car - but heres a sneak peak!

img0549may.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Small updates again for you guys! First thing was I got bored one afternoon so decided to remove the 'fabia vrs' badge from the rear. Time consuming job to get it done properly without marking the paintwork but here's the result!

img0574ozq.jpg

Next thing was the paperwork turned up for the personal plates, as soon as i got home from work set about fitting them. no pictures for this but your see them on the car in the next pictures.

Car went for an mot yesterday, only failed on a split cv gaitor and advisory for a chip in the windscreen. Nothing major which i'm very happy about! Car in the test centre:

img0603bs.jpg

I left the car with them to fit the gaitor and do the re-test. I also asked them to fit my colour coded door handles while they had the car which they done a very good job with. Must say the car looks alot cleaner with them on and the old black ones will be in the for sale section at some point for someone to have sprayed to there colour.

img0617rq.jpg

Thats it for now folks! Hopefully next month she will have the AP shock and spring combo to drop her a little.

I bought them off a member from here mate, he was breaking his silver octavia. Put an add in the wanted section or just keep your eyes open in the for sale section. Other option is to get yours sprayed or buy another black set and get them sprayed so you can still use the car.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Long time since an update but theres a few things toadd to this so here goes!

Couple of months ago met up with Charlie (Dark Hero) and his brother to get the egr blanked off. Got a quick snap of the cars side by side:

smdi.jpg

Next I bought some facelift rear lights and chrome indicator bulbs. Haven't got a picture of these on the car but you all know what they look like! Also got a shorter aerial and Stainless Vrs footrest plate.

he4e.jpg

xebw.jpg

Biggest update of all though is the leather interior. Bargain price of £300. Absolutely love them and cleaned up very well. Just needs an armrest to set it all of nicely which is next on the list.

Fronts:

m7qk.jpg

Rears:

ie2r.jpg

Also picking up a front mount intercooler in a couple of weeks! Original seats, pre-facelift rear lights and plain black door handles are up for sale for anyone interested (collection only).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good mate. The leather looks superb. Keep the updates coming :-)

Those seats look lovely mate. Bargain too!

Thanks guys. Leather wasn't really on the list but at that price I couldn't say no!

seeing as we're all in kent, we should have a meet! 

• 8 months later...

Ok, long time since an update but here goes:

I've managed to keep the full service history up to date with the car having a service back in May including genuine cambelt and waterpump. Soon after i paid a visit to Rob at W8 Performance for a Shark stage 1 remap. Changed the car completely! Much smoother power delivery and accelerates with ease any time I need it. The car also went straight through MOT last month with no advisories.

Got the footrest plate fitted a while ago:

image.jpg

And then a single din stereo and surround:

image-1.jpg

Next up i got the chrome grille surround professionally wrapped in matt black. Very good job and only cost £10 so very pleased! Also bought a pasty badge to go on as well to finish it off nicely :)

image-2.jpg

and fitted:

image-4.jpg

Been gathering parts for a while now for the new suspension set-up and they are finally fitted to the car. these include:

Top mounts & bearings

AP shock & spring kit

Lower arms

Ball joints

Cupra console bushes

Powerflex front bushes

Droplinks

Powerflex dogbone mount bush

image-5.jpg

image-6.jpg

I haven't got a picture of the car lowered yet but it feels much more alert and 10x better in the corners. Theres not much vibration from the dogbone bush now it has bedded in but it definitely does its job! Very pleased with how the car is shaping. Next month i will be buying a seat sport strut brace and an ultra racing rear anti roll bar so hopefully the car will handle better again with these on.

I bought them from a member here breaking a mk1 octavia. Not sure what other vehicles use the same handles or colour code. The other alternative is to get the standard fabia handles sprayed.