Goodbye Yeti

Jock

Hi Jock,

yes they changed the rear suspension, fuel tank and exhaust on the 2wd, which meant the sub-floor toolbox had to be deleted to accommodate the new arrangement. This change came in, in June 2010 and I'm sure other tweaks will have followed since.

Oh our Yeti has occasion to squeak and rattle from the rear cabin/boot area and has done since nearly new; Roberts failed to cure it, so it is as it is. First Yeti though was a lot worse, whole thing rattled from day one :S Unlucky I guess :wonder:

Regards,

Tim.

It's a girl (according to my wife!) She says it's much nicer than the "old" Steel Grey (which I was rather fond of myself).

It seems over the period of ownership of my old one, I hadn't noticed the odd little squeak and rattle creeping in - having now driven the new one, it seems so quiet and smooth compared to the old one.

I like the Amundsen - pity it hasn't got the DAB option on it though.

I elected to swap over the spare wheel from the old one to the now one - a bit of advice for anyone considering this - it's a pain in the neck as Skoda seem to have subtly changed the design of the rear floor pan - my old Yeti had a deep well in the floor pan to accommodate the jack, towing eye and other accessories - these have now been "moved" to a polystyrene insert under the spare wheel. This means that all the storage space I had on the old one, using the centre of the spare, is now lost and the dealer has had to order up a new polystyrene insert. I guess I'll have to stop carrying so much junk in the boot then!

So far, I haven't noticed any other major differences - but then, she's only just joined the family!

Good to hear that you let the wife chose the gender of the new yeti Jock :giggle:, SE plus 110 sounds good.

Enjoy the new snow white monster and hope it is as good if not better than the old one :thumbup: