Goodbye Yeti

Jock

After almost three years of Yeti ownership, our steel grey Yeti is leaving for pastures new.

In those three years, it's cost us two front and one rear wiper blade, averaged out around 50mpg (real figures, not maxi-dot) and been a nice vehicle to drive.

We had to get a warranty respray and the foils fitted to the rear wings because of paint chips, two replacement sets of badges due to white worm, but other than that, we've had trouble free motoring.

If anyone reading this is thinking of getting a Yeti - don't think, just do it!

• Like 1

Hi Jock, are you following your own advice and getting yeti number 2. Good to hear that you have had 3 years happy trouble free motoring from the yeti :thumbup:

Just been to see our Yeti replacement - excuse the nudity - we've still got to get her (?) clothed yet!

post-60057-0-09571300-1363203402_thumb.jpg post-60057-0-69644000-1363203412_thumb.jpg post-60057-0-48733500-1363203424_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Just been to see our Yeti replacement - excuse the nudity - we've still got to get her (?) clothed yet!

post-60057-0-09571300-1363203402_thumb.jpg post-60057-0-69644000-1363203412_thumb.jpg post-60057-0-48733500-1363203424_thumb.jpg

Jock come on tell us 2 or 4x4 how much power :wonder: . Looks good though SE with extras :wonder: .

Enjoy your new snow monster and hope it is as good or better than your first one :rock::thumbup:

Hello Jock

I recognise that car park picked my Yeti up there a few days before Christmas last year. It's Royce Roberts Hull, I have photos on the forum in almost the same spot. I was tempted with the white as they look so good but the Rosso Brunello swayed me in the end.Best of luck with the new one

Hello Jock

I recognise that car park picked my Yeti up there a few days before Christmas last year. It's Royce Roberts Hull, I have photos on the forum in almost the same spot. I was tempted with the white as they look so good but the Rosso Brunello swayed me in the end.Best of luck with the new one

Is it still Roberts or have they changed their name yet; understand they are now part of the dreaded Keith empire :S

TP

Is it still Roberts or have they changed their name yet; understand they are now part of the dreaded Keith empire :S

TP

I actually recieved a six page flyer from them only this morning detailing the merger with D Keith Group. Appareently Royce Roberts is staying as head of the Hull division. I don't know much about Keith's but they now have six outlets in Yorkshire

Yes, still Royce Roberts - for not anyway. As for the white Yeti - it's all your fault Tim - after my wife saw yours, she said our next one had to be white!

• Like 1

Yes, still Royce Roberts - for not anyway. As for the white Yeti - it's all your fault Tim - after my wife saw yours, she said our next one had to be white!

Was going to say that is royce's carpark!

Interesting that two yeti owners on here are near me and yet I've not seen either of you to wave at :hi:

• Like 1

Was going to say that is royce's carpark!

Interesting that two yeti owners on here are near me and yet I've not seen either of you to wave at :hi:

Past a Pacific (I think) Yeti Greenline, a few times but obviously not you then, did wonder.

Also regularly spotted another white Yeti taking the exact opposite journey to me, both in the morning and evening along the A166 for at least the last couple of weeks but I haven't had any acknowledgement from the driver.

Oh not used Roberts for 6 months, sort of fell out with the owner; will say no more. Now have a long drive to Lincoln if I need anything (not a fan of York or Pickering either).

TP

• Like 1

Past a Pacific (I think) Yeti Greenline, a few times but obviously not you then, did wonder.

Also regularly spotted another white Yeti taking the exact opposite journey to me, both in the morning and evening along the A166 for at least the last couple of weeks but I haven't had any acknowledgement from the driver.

Oh not used Roberts for 6 months, sort of fell out with the owner; will say no more. Now have a long drive to Lincoln if I need anything (not a fan of York or Pickering either).

TP

Here is mine without all the dirt, driving around Hull every day, look forward to you and Jock spotting me and waving

Yeti_09.jpg

I think a mini-meet is a great idea (if the rain ever stops!)

As for Yeti's - there a white one parked up in Keyingham each morning I drive through and often I meet another white one round about Patrington on my way to work - and sometimes on the way home too! Anyone on here?

• Like 1

Good idea, I am up for a meet and the wolds when the weather improves sounds a good idea. Lets try and fill a car park somewhere with other Yorkshire Yet owners

• Like 1

post-60057-0-22852200-1363435156_thumb.jpg

I'm sure we can increase the number of Yeti's this time around!

Yes very much enjoyed the day on the moors, be up there tomorrow walking and getting :rain: no doubt :giggle:

4897211486_40239a7a1d_z.jpg

TP

That was a good day, (well weekend for me and swmbo) and that's my old now 3 year old 1.2 hopefully being looked after by a loving new owner.

We will get up your way again, but every time we think we will do it this year things crop up and we have to postpone it for another year :@ , maybe 2014 will be the year :wonder: .

Would be nice to meet up with you two again and maybe a few new members :thumbup:

Haven't managed to get south of the river in the last six months or so, probably not me.

I did think i might have spotted Jocks Yeti once in a carpark, assuming the said vehicle has a "saltire" on the rump but i didn't have the chance to stop and have a proper look.

I did think i might have spotted Jocks Yeti once in a carpark, assuming the said vehicle has a "saltire" on the rump but i didn't have the chance to stop and have a proper look.

That'll be mine then!

It's a girl (according to my wife!) She says it's much nicer than the "old" Steel Grey (which I was rather fond of myself).

It seems over the period of ownership of my old one, I hadn't noticed the odd little squeak and rattle creeping in - having now driven the new one, it seems so quiet and smooth compared to the old one.

I like the Amundsen - pity it hasn't got the DAB option on it though.

I elected to swap over the spare wheel from the old one to the now one - a bit of advice for anyone considering this - it's a pain in the neck as Skoda seem to have subtly changed the design of the rear floor pan - my old Yeti had a deep well in the floor pan to accommodate the jack, towing eye and other accessories - these have now been "moved" to a polystyrene insert under the spare wheel. This means that all the storage space I had on the old one, using the centre of the spare, is now lost and the dealer has had to order up a new polystyrene insert. I guess I'll have to stop carrying so much junk in the boot then!

So far, I haven't noticed any other major differences - but then, she's only just joined the family!

Hello to all, and perhaps especially to 'Jock', as I believe ours is the Candy White Yeti you see in Keyingham! She has been ours for about three weeks now, and we are still getting to know her. Have just fitted a 'Skoda' dog guard (that was fun!), gives you a strange feeling when attacking a new vehicle with a 26mm drill bit. Brings new intense meaning to 'measure twice...'

Drive careful now.

• Like 2