DRL Light Affecting MAF

Hi guys,

Only bought my VRS Fabia last weekend and was royally ****ed off when the engine warning light came on today after work. Loss of power and no oomph.

Found out the aftermarket DRL lights that were fitted ran straight through the MAF and were affecting the voltage readout, to the mount the MAF came up with a fault.

Cut the lights, cleared the engine warning light and it's like a completely new car!

Is this common place to run the light into the MAF?!

Yeh thought as much! I can't believe anyone would even consider that.

Do you think it would've effected the MAF in the long term with it being wired up like that?

Runs like a dream now that DRL light wiring has been disconnected.

• Like 1

Yeh I've never heard of that before! I bought it from Mitchell Skoda and it had great service history, one owner and looked like it'd been well looked after.

Can't believe anyone with half a brain would do that and not think it'd affect it?! Hope I don't find any other **** ups on it now.