Anyone know if late reg VW polo side skirts go straight onto the FAbia vrs

Joe41

Was looking to get some side skirts to stop the sills from stone chipping and protect them as well,with the polo and Fabia share a similar body shell is there a chance they could go straight on with a bit of playing about to get them to fit

9n polo and 9n3 polo and 6r polo sideskirts fit.. im currently getting 9n3 polo GTI sideskirts fitted to my fabia.. :)

6n/ 6n2 dont come with sideskirts.. the 6n2 just has lower sills so looks abit like side skirts..;)

Did you get the 9n3 ones from the dealer? I've been meaning to check how much they are.

I work at a VW dealer m8 and there not too dear if i remember correctly.. i know there alot cheaper than the bluemotion skirts i wanted :(

i bought my gti skirts off a m8.. for cheap.. they had been painted silver but im getting them de-textured n painted.

Having just taken plastic side skirts off our Golf MK 3 I would steer clear, take back what you have and get your money back, debris gets trapped behind them and the rots your sills!

If you fit them you will make a breeding ground for tin worms to do this.

8562326689_292c59b558_b.jpg

Just rotten on the outside of the sill where the muck and water was trapped, the inner sill is good, I have a new one to weld on and will be looking for a replacement wing from a breaker.

Goes to show plastic trim is bad!

Having just taken plastic side skirts off our Golf MK 3 I would steer clear, take back what you have and get your money back, debris gets trapped behind them and the rots your sills!

If you fit them you will make a breeding ground for tin worms to do this.

8562326689_292c59b558_b.jpg

Mk3 shells werent galvanised.. they rust for fun ;)

Fabias with factory paint dont rust unless they have been damaged and repaired etc..

I have had all the carpets and sound deadening out today, I can report that only this sill is the bad bit, floor is in good nick and so are the suspension turrets.

I know cars are galvanised but still I would keep an eye on things if you fit your sill covers.