Remap done :)

So got my car mapped at big fish tuning today, pulled 131bhp standard and made just short of 160 and 290 ftlb's ... This was because the maf sensor is just about dead as you can see by the dyno when it starts dropping off towards top end , new maf sensor and ill see 170+ and a few more torques he said .. Really

Impressed with the service I got, would recommend him to anyone !

2ujabe8a.jpg

• Like 1

i didn't get one, most people say the OEM filters are just as good as a performance filter anyways

I've been running a Pipercross one this past year but I'm going back to a OEM one this year so I'll see if it makes any difference.

i would advice against terraclean. can end up doing more harm than good.
i haven't seen a bad review on the net about them yet Joe ? I know older cars sometimes need carbon on some of the internals to run smoother but would have thought flushing all the crap out of the engine would do more good than harm ?

this is an email from another site im on as he spoke to vw about it and they said not to it on a pd engine something to with tolerances and injectors. then he emailed them and there reply is far from convincing i think.

Bit more info from TerraClean today. Here's the email I sent and his reply below.

Hi Kwok

I've been doing some research and spoken to VW about this terraclean process and I'd like to know exactly how this system regulates the pressure of fuel running through when the clean is in progress? One of the issues that VW highlighted was the pressure that the injectors in the VW PD engines run at and how delicate they are?

Is there a guarantee included if damage were to occur as a result of running terraclean?

Also on another note, I am a member of a car club and some other members have shown an interest in finding out more and getting this done to their engines too, would you be interested in setting up some type of group discount if I brought this amount of business your way?

Many thanks

Nathan

Hello Nathan,

When terracleaning your car, we isolate your cars fuel at the filter and connect the machine at the same place. The chemicals run through the pump which controls the pressure to the injectors. Terraclean will not harm any components inside your car whist cleaning but may highlight any fault within the engine when carbon is removed.

For example if oxygen sensor fault is recorded in ecu and after terraclean its still there, then O2 sensor will need to be replaced, otherwise if fault cleared then you save money on the sensor.

Another example, if turbo fault in ecu and making noise, then after terraclean removing carbon from turbo, the turbo will run more freely but if bearings are dry then turbo may blow because of underlying fault there before starting terraclean.

Terraclean is a preventative measure if done at regular intervals to maintain carbon buildup in the engine. It does not provide guarantee on how you drive your car.

If you can get 5 or more petrol/diesel cars together on same day in one location then we can you a discount price of £130.

Regards

Kwok

plus car manufacturers are always negative to stuff like this. no no you cant do that we are not making the money out of it., vw will start their own version of it but instead of red fluid it will be green and can only be used for vws ;)

from it may highlight any fault on puts me off completly. if you know someone who has had it done and on a pd go for it. personally i would do it and like the old saying if it ent broke dont fix it. full service gen parts and good oil is all you need.

the guy at vw is his mate and just a tech so he wont gain or loose anything out of it just giving his view from working on them.
that does seen a pretty bad reply to be fair, basically saying they will take no blame if any harm is done to your engine. And £130 is a lot considering a guy contacted me after I applied on the website and he said £80 and he comes directly to my doorstep. Think ill be giving it a miss, thanks for the heads up.