Superb Combi Electric Rear Door - Closing from inside the cabin

wokwon

I finally had some time to play with VCDS on my new Superb.

I know some of you (especially the Taxi-ists) have been asking if the button next to the gear stick can be used to close the door. By default, it does not, however with a simple VCDS change it can.

Image8.png

You will need:

- VCDS cable with a valid license and a computer

1. Connect VCDS cable and turn on ignition. Do not start car. Open VCDS and select address "6D-Trunk Electronics":

Image1.png

2. Select "Security Access":

Image2.png

3. Enter the secret magic password "12345" and click "Do It":

Image3.png

"Dark Helmet: So the combination is... one, two, three, four, five? That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!"

4. Success!

Image4.png

5. Select Adaptation and then select the relevant channel (highlighted below). Choose "Activate" and then select "Do it".

Image5.png

6. You may also wish to turn off the beeper. You can do it one of two ways.

Option 1: Select "Volume of warning signal in automatic operation" and choose "Not active" . Note it's not actually a volume, just an on/off.

Option 2: Select long coding, then clear the option "Tone Generator Installed"

Notes:

- There are a few other things you can do in adaption like change the pitch of the warning tone (default is 1000Hz) and the duration of each 'beep" (default is 0.5 seconds

- You can also enable closing the door by the keyfob, see the picture in part 5 above and the rest is obvious

- Note on the two options: "Touch function for closing" requires you to hold in the button until the door is closed. If you release the button the door motion will stop. "Tap function for closing" just needs a single push on the button to close the door. I'm not sure what happens if you activate both options as I didn't try it.

Edited by wokwon
  • Like 2

Thankyou :kiss:

this is something I looked into 2 years ago but VCDS at that time was unable to active it and the only solution was the (expensive) Kafatec kit, I then successfully forgot all about it.

Just activated the tap function for both the button and remote and they work perfectly. :beer:

I have added the guide to the VCDS Adaptations. How do I ……

• 4 months later...

Looking at various site VCDS are not cheap to purchase. Circa £230 -ouch.

Are there any VCDS owners in the Aberdeen area that I could meet, and activate this function for my boot? ...alternatively I will be moving to Oxfordshire later in the year so I could meet someone in that area from December.

Please PM me if you can help.

Thanks.

Gents

Thanks for your advice so far.

I'm hoping to meet up with someone on Sunday to add this function to my boot lid.

Having read the superb combi vehicle manual, I can't see where the VCDS socket is located. I take it is located somewhere in the glovebox or passenger or driver's footwell?

Paul

Edited by pmk76

Having read the superb combi vehicle manual, I can't see where the VCDS socket is located. I take it is located somewhere in the glovebox or passenger or driver's footwell?

The diagnostic socket is in the driver's footwell near the door.  It's just forward of that little storage compartment outboard of the steering wheel.

A question...a visit to my local VCDS owner didn't make this happen;

Went into 6D, Security access, balloon tip said "12345". Entered it, said "Accepted"

Back into coding, Activate right setting, Do it => "Error Security code"

Anyone?

• 3 weeks later...

A question...a visit to my local VCDS owner didn't make this happen;

Went into 6D, Security access, balloon tip said "12345". Entered it, said "Accepted"

Back into coding, Activate right setting, Do it => "Error Security code"

Anyone?

A follow up on this one, anything security-code related needs to be accessed with a genuine Rosstech cable and genuine software. My local VCDS guy was running a beta version software and that's the reason why it didn't work. He re-installed his official version and now it works great!

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I know some of you (especially the Taxi-ists) have been asking if the button next to the gear stick can be used to close the door. By default, it does not, however with a simple VCDS change it can.

Image8.png

You will need:

1. Connect VCDS cable and turn on ignition. Do not start car. Open VCDS and select address "6D-Trunk Electronics":

Image1.png

Image2.png

Image3.png

"Dark Helmet: So the combination is... one, two, three, four, five? That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!"

4. Success!

Image4.png

5. Select Adaptation and then select the relevant channel (highlighted below). Choose "Activate" and then select "Do it".

Image5.png

Option 1: Select "Volume of warning signal in automatic operation" and choose "Not active" . Note it's not actually a volume, just an on/off.

Notes:

- There are a few other things you can do in adaption like change the pitch of the warning tone (default is 1000Hz) and the duration of each 'beep" (default is 0.5 seconds

- You can also enable closing the door by the keyfob, see the picture in part 5 above and the rest is obvious

- Note on the two options: "Touch function for closing" requires you to hold in the button until the door is closed. If you release the button the door motion will stop. "Tap function for closing" just needs a single push on the button to close the door. I'm not sure what happens if you activate both options as I didn't try it.

Any idea how to do it for new SuperbIII ?? Thanks.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 13/02/2017 at 19:19, Geir said:

Anyone got the code for programming internal button for closing hatch on superb MKIII?

On 16/02/2017 at 19:46, tdipd said:

To Enriquez:

Would be possible to share the procedure how to enable the rear tailgate closing from inside please. I have tried on my Superb MKIII today but no luck.

Many thanks

You need VCP 

The file is not shareable as it is specific to the dongle used to download it.

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=3AE6945C79E4C9E!6636&ithint=onenote%2C&app=OneNote&authkey=!ADQH2YqqqP0zcUU

"With VCP it is possible to change the data record of the tailgate control unit so that you can then close the tailgate also by means of the button in the centre console as well as via the remote control.

The data record can be downloaded from the VCP file manager with a valid maintenance period and uploaded to the control unit 6D.

As with all other files from the File Manager, the files can only be used with the VCP dongle with which the file was downloaded. Thus, it is not possible to send the file to another VCP user!” 

So just to be clear, this is NOT a case of simply ticking a bit in the coding or an adaptation change, you are installing a new file onto the controller...

Thanks a lot for advice. I had a bit of time yesterday to test it and is working somehow. The issue I have is that the tailgate is working but after some time it has issue to close (pressing the button inside or on the tailgate doesn't work). Problem is most probably on my side because I'm not familiar with VCP and there are several files which could be uploaded but have no clue which one is the right one. I can find the right folder according to the unit number but not assign the right file. Could you help please?

Many thanks

PS: Superb is limousine MY2016

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 24. 3. 2013 at 21:51, wokwon said:

Image8.png

You will need:

Image1.png

Image2.png

Image3.png

4. Success!

Image4.png

Image5.png

Notes:

I haven't got there images. Can you send me link for it?