207GTI THP175

danburley

Hi all:

Sooo as the title says im looking at swapping my Fabia vrs for a 207GTI THP175.... Has anyone drove or owned one of these?

My Fabia is amazing but its time to move on as I'm slightly bored. I'm torn between the 207, corsa VXR and Clio 197 but swaying more towards the 207 as there ain't many around.

Cheers for any advise

Out of the 3 the 197 is a good car. be it a bit old fashioned compared to the 2 smaller engined turbo cars but for a drive and fun the Clio has it bucket loads but if your wanting brute force and just power I'd go for the corsa I hate corsas just jumped up fiat puntos but the Vxr is a rapid bit of kit! And those seats! Never been a fan or the pug on looks or chassis my mate has had the 207 and the mk6.5 fiesta zetec S both the same car underneath both with the 90bhp 1.6hdi engine and he said the fiesta was a better car to drive more feel to the steering etc pug was a bit wobbly but I suppose that's not a gti tho :)

I had 3 207's. 2 were the "S" model with the 1.4 engine and then got a GT 1.6 diesel. Hated the s models, just too many issues to count - and random one's that could never be found when it was at the dealers. I loved the GT, was an awesome car with great looks imo. It still had it's faults, steering rack was replaced twice under warranty and was told it would go again as there wasn't a fix at that point in time - this was 2008 though.

Sold it soon after being told that. Always wanted the GTi, got taken out in one for a test drive and it does shift but not sure on reliability.

Might be worth checking on http://www.207oc.com/forum.php and see what kind of issues there are?

Cheers all.

From research I am quite intrigued by the 207 as the GTI model was developed by BMW and has the same engine as the Mini Cooper S. well that's what I've read...

I will more than likely regret getting rid of my Fab lol

You don't think there is a reason there isn't that many around? The other cars in your lineup are better..

Don't be fooled, the car has nothing to do with BMW! Just the engine was developed in conjunction with them

• Like 1

You've made my day, a guy I work with has a vxr nurburgring - he's 60!

I think its weird when you see older folk or woman driving them and its the same with those "unlimited edition" corsas, at my college theres about 5 vxrs and 8+ "unlimited edition" corsas so im used to seeing young folk with them

On the subject of the pug, i had a play with one when i had my mk2 fabia vrs and i actualy googled them afterwards to see what was in it, theres was very little in it but i expected to walk all over it